• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

ErnestoG.

Reaction score
just got back from a 2.5 day work retreat. on my second magic hat. at the point of stopping or moving on to stronger things.

juniper

Reaction score
Made what I suppose is a cocktail. Don't know anything about them, don't drink them, but thought I'd give it a go.

4 parts Dark Rum
1 part juice of a lime
teaspoon sugar
1 part tap water

Made up in one glass (to dissolve sugar), then poured over lots of ice in a tumbler.

Tastes all right.

Any further suggestions? Don't really keep a drinks cabinet, and don't want to buy loads of weird bottles or equipment.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't had a drink in a month. I finally got a day off tomorrow. Drinking some Eagle Rare 17 atm

Cheers

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Made what I suppose is a cocktail. Don't know anything about them, don't drink them, but thought I'd give it a go.

4 parts Dark Rum
1 part juice of a lime
teaspoon sugar
1 part tap water

Made up in one glass (to dissolve sugar), then poured over lots of ice in a tumbler.

Tastes all right.

Any further suggestions? Don't really keep a drinks cabinet, and don't want to buy loads of weird bottles or equipment.

tap water? :confused: Try making a rum n coke or a Cuba Libre.

Actually, that's pretty similar to a classic recipe for grog. Not the most popular cocktail, but respectable enough.

As for the tap water, still water can be a decent ingredient. Ever hear of Bourbon and Branch? The branch is still water fresh out of a creek, but a tap water with minimal taste would work fine. I personally add it to a whiskey sour pretty often- I make up a lemonade and add a shot of bourbon.

As for cocktail suggestions, search this board. There are numerous threads with excellent suggestions with great, easy cocktails.

Gordon's.

I love this.

I'm not one for straight gin so much, though I suppose a martini is pretty damn close, but if that works for you, great.

Right now I'm having a Bobby Burns- 1.5 measures McClelland Islay, .75 measures an interesting looking midrange red vermouth my local wine store stocked (forget the name), and .25 measure Benedictine, which I went a little heavy on.

It's awesome.

Last edited:

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
another great recommendation from the SF drinking crew...St Germain. did their standard St Germain Cocktail recipe on the booklet you get with the bottle. so St Germain, Piper Sonoma Champagne, and some Trader Joe's Sparking Water on the rocks. perfect for a warm SoCal day like today.

-Jeff

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight:
Negroni - Campari, Junipero, and plain old martini sweet vermouth
El Dorado 12 year rum
Blanton's
Grapefruit juice, Ketel One vodka, 2 dashes Fee bros. cherry bitters

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 shots Hendricks, 1 shot St. Germain on the rocks in a 10oz Collins. fill the rest with sparkling water.

i'd probably use a little less gin next time.

-Jeff

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

3 shots Hendricks, 1 shot St. Germain on the rocks in a 10oz Collins. fill the rest with sparkling water.

i'd probably use a little less gin next time.

-Jeff

lol

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a bland Cabernet (one of the mass market ~$15 ish brands, forget what) at an office function, having a cuba libre now. Pretty boring day in terms of drinking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads