• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are the trusted major luxury online retailers for men?

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seconded.

You join a forum and immediately start in with your douchebaggery. Nice.

Last edited:

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the narrative that best fits these facts is that you are of an unusual body shape- best guesses very fat or very short- and you are a recluse, probably as a consequence of the former.

:facepalm:

I am thin, and quite short as well, as if it's any of your business. RTW shirts fit me like tents, so why the hell would I want to buy tent-like shirts from E&R when I can order ones MTM online which actually fit?

I am not a recluse, I go out clubbing in Cambridge in the evenings quite often. I like going to the Junction or to the Fez. Lola Lo is okay if I'm dragged there by my friends. Ballare is terrible but I've unfortunately been there in the past. I also often go to a private club on market square that I am a member of, called 12A (next to the restaurant Don Pasquale, and owned by the same family). They serve the best cocktails in Cambridge imo (Browns being a distant second).

What I don't do in Cambridge, is shopping. As you say, E&R is the only remotely good clothing shop in Cambridge, so why the hell would you think I would be aware of whether the Hugo Boss shop has closed down or not? Every clothes shop that is or was in the Grand Arcade is awful. And even if they weren't, they still wouldn't sell stuff that fits me. The only thing that I can buy RTW that fits is trousers, and I like wearing high quality trousers like Incotex, Mabitex, Purple Label (and I have one bespoke pair); none of these can be found in the shops in Cambridge.

Also, you originally PM'd me before I even mentioned that I had only been to E&R once; I am still unclear as to exactly what prompted that original PM, and exactly what caused you to 'smell a rat' as you put it.

I don't even know why I'm bothering to defend myself to some idiot on the internet. I'm sure you will find that a large percentage of people on this forum, especially those with high post-counts, tend to buy a lot of things online instead of in bricks and mortar shops, because we simply cannot find things of the quality or fit that we demand in local shops. There are many on this forum who fly across the Atlantic to commission their suits, so I hardly think its unusual for me to not patronise the severely lacking selection of local shops in my home town.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PM Trolling: The Final Frontier
Poincare, I really could give two ***** where anyone is from. The fact that you, especially as a new member, have taken such an interest in someone, especially a valued and well-established member, is a bit concerning.
I motion for a sock check in the hope that you are the love child of Reev and iroh. If this does not prove true then I motion to ban.

He sure knows how to hijack a thread, not one productive comment...

Wrenkin

Reaction score
I like Ede. As a 36s though (should I be ashamed?), without the legal connection I probably wouldn't have been back. It can be a little fussy, enough so that it's not unreasonable that an iGent wouldn't feel himself forced to shop there in the age of the internet, or even the Victorian rail system. If it was the only store in Winnipeg, sure, but a day-trip to Jermyn street is not beyond the means of anyone shopping at Ede.

Simplicio

Reaction score
FWIW, I live in Cambridge as well. But I have no need to prove this to anyone here. I shop at E & R, but nowhere else in Cambridge. There are much better options online or in London.

Anyhow, I agree that Poincare is being a weirdo.

jamesny

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It's really easy to navigate Mr. Porter's site and customer service is pretty reliable, so far.

Not Ed Harris

Reaction score
Only one that I've really used is Mr Porter, and while the prices aren't exactly competitive, their service is excellent (at least for the one time I've bought from them).

My wife referred me as a "founder member" so I had early access to the sale and bought a pair of trainers and a pocket square. A friend of mine then asks if I'd get him a pocket square as well. So, because you can't add items to existing orders I call them up and ask to cancel my order so I can reorder. The customer service person cancelled my order and then reserved the items I'd ordered previously for me. As it turns out the pocket square my friend wanted had sold out by then, but that's hardly their fault.

Then they took an extra day dispatching my order (in the run-up to Christmas), which I'd forgive them for anyway and without me even complaining about it they gave me £25 credit on my account.

I've used A Fine Pair of Shoes a couple of times as well and they've been good so far.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads