• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow - edit, you are correct, i tried it and it does not work, but that is really bad - they are advertising the 40% off on the 1947 page. if i was better at tech, i'd post a screen shot.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know where you are seeing the 40% off, all I see is 40% off of sales items. There was 40% off of everything during holidays but I'm not sure if it worked on LVC, wouldn't be surprised if LVC is excluded.

Terminator

Reaction score
This is all very timely as I bought a pair of rigid 1947s this week. I'm a size 31 and they don't come in anything longer than a 34 so I'm a little nervous but I'm going to wear them without a soak or wash for as long as possible. I can lose an inch in length but wouldn't want to lose much more than that...

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flannels and Wool on this casual Friday for me..Spent most of the day outside on Friday so wanted to make sure I was warm in the cooler weather without being too bundled up..

SC: Isaia (Flannel/Unlined)

SHIRT: Hugo Boss

CARDIGAN: JCrew (100% Wool)

PANTS: Corneliani (100% Flannel)

SHOES: Church's

P.S: Hickey Freeman (100% Wool)

LAPEL PIN: Nordstroms

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice! What's the colllar on the Boss shirt, BD or just some kind of long roll? I'm not sure about the color on the PS but overall excellent.

@chocsosa

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice! What's the colllar on the Boss shirt, BD or just some kind of long roll? I'm not sure about the color on the PS but overall excellent.

@chocsosa

Just a regular collar @Chaconne ... Hugo Boss's collars usually come with pretty decent rolls (atleast the spread collars do)..Thanks for the words my man!

mc2k

Reaction score
Killing it @chocsosa, very nice. Very nice fits in the last few pages fairlynerdy, bienluienapris, EFV, upr_crust, SprezzaTrash

I really like that rig @acridsheep. Was recently in something similar, different shade though
smile.gif

Deo Veritas

Reaction score
In regards to the recent discussion on Levi's jeans, I wanted to highlight the 522's which I purchased a while back. They were a tapered fit but not skinny and also had a high waist. Apparently, they have been discontinued. This fit was definitely one of my favorites from Levi's in recent years.

I wonder what drives their decision on keeping fits, versus chucking others.

papa kot

Reaction score
This is all very timely as I bought a pair of rigid 1947s this week. I'm a size 31 and they don't come in anything longer than a 34 so I'm a little nervous but I'm going to wear them without a soak or wash for as long as possible. I can lose an inch in length but wouldn't want to lose much more than that...

34 may shrink down to about 32 in length.

papa kot

Reaction score
Flannels and Wool on this casual Friday for me..Spent most of the day outside on Friday so wanted to make sure I was warm in the cooler weather without being too bundled up..

SC: Isaia (Flannel/Unlined)

SHIRT: Hugo Boss

CARDIGAN: JCrew (100% Wool)

PANTS: Corneliani (100% Flannel)

SHOES: Church's

P.S: Hickey Freeman (100% Wool)

LAPEL PIN: Nordstroms

Man, what do you do in Fresno area dressed up like that? Just curious... This multi-layer outfit is super awesome!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads