• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ellsbebc

Reaction score

You need to buy light grey tshirts. Your white wifebeater looks sub-optimal. By which I mean terrible.

Where do you recommend to find economical grey v-necks? I've looked previously but came up empty each time so continue to settle on traditional white v-necks.

ellsbebc

Reaction score

First linen day of the year :
Borrowing your picture, if you don't mind. It always bother me when my shirts "buckle" just below the collar when worn without a tie. I assume it's related to the collar fusing. Any recommendation to combat this? I can sometimes starch that specific location enough to keep it rigid throughout the day.

Last edited:

pravda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For inexpensive v necks try H&M; Banana Republic, Old Navy, Target

I also found a really nice Michael Kors on sale

luv2breformed

Reaction score
Borrowing your picture, if you don't mind.

It always bother me when my shirts "buckle" just below the collar when worn without a tie. I assume it's related to the collar fusing. Any recommendation to combat this? I can sometimes starch that specific location enough to keep it rigid throughout the day.

I believe what you are referring to is called 'collar roll' and is actually desirable by the majority of SF members afaik.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/165024/the-ocbd-collar-roll-thread

ellsbebc

Reaction score

I believe what you are referring to is called 'collar roll' and is actually desirable by the majority of SF members afaik.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/165024/the-ocbd-collar-roll-thread

Sorry, poor explanation my part. Definitely not talk the infamous collar roll. On mobile so cannot photoshop it. On the buttonhole side, you see how the fabric "collapses" directly below the neckband and top button. The button side usually has the clean, straight line to the neckband.

luv2breformed

Reaction score
Sorry, poor explanation my part. Definitely not talk the infamous collar roll. On mobile so cannot photoshop it. On the buttonhole side, you see how the fabric "collapses" directly below the neckband and top button. The button side usually has the clean, straight line to the neckband.

Oh, I see what you are talking about. Yea, not sure about that one.

1907jb

Reaction score

It always bother me when my shirts "buckle" just below the collar when worn without a tie. I assume it's related to the collar fusing. Any recommendation to combat this? I can sometimes starch that specific location enough to keep it rigid throughout the day.
When I iron the placket I also slightly fold the collar area over the iron, rather than just flattening everything in one motion. It's like a new shirt where the topmost collar button is almost at a 90 degree angle to the placket. Borrowing somebody else's picture to show the collar and placket with the fold.

bienluienapris

Reaction score

It's less visible in reality, than in pictures and in my opinion, since BD collar are for casual attire, that is not shoking for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads