• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rossoz

Reaction score
Willing to spend a premium on a pair of WINTER khakis that are clearly premium quality.
Something that is like 2x thicker than typical $30 chinos.
WHAT'S YOUR BEST QUALITY CHINO EVER? WANT WINTER HEAVY THICK CHINOS OR KHAKIS.

Re,

Maybe not premium quality, but I have some J Crew chinos that are very heavy and seem to be indestructible. I've had them for years in the khaki brown color and I can't seem to wear them out. I wear them for winter golf too. I love the fit as the legs have a narrow opening. They keep a crease very well.

Cheers,

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

@dieworkwear
 Yes of course it matters for me. :confused:   I ordered it from the wollovers website. Can you explain it to me more detailed?

As the poster above mentioned, the buttons are on the left side. Men's garments have buttons on the right.

The style isn't particularly feminine, and frankly, few people know that kind of gender detail. Again, only if it matters to you, and it needn't.

Last edited:

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always heard the same thing about buttons, but I do know that in terms of zippers on jackets, the left-right choice seems to also be based on the maker/country of origin. Like I'm pretty sure Ben Sherman stuff is opposite of what you would find at Jcrew or another american brand. So is it really a universal rule on buttons or just the vast majority?

LounesMatoub

Reaction score
As the poster above mentioned, the buttons are on the left side. Men's garments have buttons on the right.

The style isn't particularly feminine, and frankly, few people know that kind of gender detail. Again, only if it matters to you, and it needn't.
Ok for a minute i was confused but I found the mistake. You are right and not right. Yes if the buttons are on the left side its a women's garment. Didn't know that before. Thanks. But in my case they aren't because the photo was taken mirrored with my macbook. Here another pic my wife was taken seconds ago because i asked her. (Now she probably thinks I am totally crazy)

Picture:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok for a minute i was confused but I found the mistake. You are right and not right. Yes if the buttons are on the left side its a women's garment. Didn't know that before. Thanks. But in my case they aren't because the photo was taken mirrored with my macbook. Here another pic my wife was taken seconds ago because i asked her. (Now she probably thinks I am totally crazy) Picture:
LL
Just noticed to in the original picture that you're wearing a womens shirt too and you're wearing your wedding band on your right hand...or the picture is inverted and all is well.

LounesMatoub

Reaction score
Just noticed to in the original picture that you're wearing a womens shirt too and you're wearing your wedding band on your right hand...or the picture is inverted and all is well.

In Germany it is actually usual to wear the wedding band on the right hand and sometimes I get asked why I wear it left.

All that "left" "right" can be confusing sometimes.
wink.gif

Last edited:

pravda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the red coat. Ditch the turtleneck and go with a fitted black cashmere sweater underneath and you'll look gangsta

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like roll necks though! But I might actually be hiding a hickey.

It's from Suit Supply, their Cashmere Jort overcoats.

Last edited:

rossoz

Reaction score
Ok for a minute i was confused but I found the mistake. You are right and not right. Yes if the buttons are on the left side its a women's garment. Didn't know that before. Thanks. But in my case they aren't because the photo was taken mirrored with my macbook. Here another pic my wife was taken seconds ago because i asked her. (Now she probably thinks I am totally crazy)

Picture:

Another movie/history reference. Billy the Kid... He was not left handed as the famous picture showed him to be. Turns out they had a similar problem that your picture had. It was reversed.

Cheers,

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
Details on the Visodate strap? Looking to replace mine.

This is my daily watch at the moment as it's just easy to wear with everything.

I switch between a few straps:

- brand-less real croc strap off eBay pictured (I found a guy that was selling custom handmade croc products, got this and a black strap at a great price & was an immediate upgrade)
- Jack Foster handmade Horween Dark Brown Chromexcel leather strap
- Fluco Rust Brown Suede strap (matches snuff suede)
- the original Tissot brown embossed calf leather band

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I figured the "tuxedo" part of this Canadian tuxedo qualified it to be posted over here in MC. Top denim is vintage Levis I found at a flea market in Sacramento. Bottom denim is RRL. Boots are old Bean Katahdin and t-shirt is vintage..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads