• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously guys, you're still talking about a few drops of rain?
My adopted hometown looks like this each spring:

banjir-jakarta-2013.jpg

+1

I always laugh when people say GW welted shoes are water proof; they must never seen real rain.

iLuveketchup

Reaction score
As a southerner who had the pleasure of living in Southern California (San Diego) for a few years, I had to chuckle, as this is such a Southern California sentence. I can distinctly remember my amusement the first time that I saw that "rain" was the lead story on local news, with recommendations to stay at home if you don't need to be out.

Seriously, they warn people to stay at home because of rain.

Bless their hearts.
It is because Southern California does not have the infrastructure for rain.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's amusing to make fun of the reaction to rain in LA and similar places, but the reality is that people probably don't know how to drive in wet conditions (practice makes perfect and they get no practice). There's lot of oil on the roads that combines with the water to make them extra slippery. Windshield wipers, unused forever, have perished rubber and ineffectively clear the water.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No tie so I think this thread is most appropriate, X-post from the Luxire thread. This fit is all Luxire with the exception of the suede belt which is Epaulet, and the snuff suede Alden chukkas which are not visible:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^Love the lifestyle shot. As usual, that looks awesome @Beatlegeuse

Thanks! All I can think now when I look at that pic is, man my hair is getting very gray very quickly.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks great @Beatlegeuse! Stylish and relaxed. What's the watch?

(and don't complain about your hair turning grey, at least you have hair ;))

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That looks great @Beatlegeuse! Stylish and relaxed. What's the watch?

(and don't complain about your hair turning grey, at least you have hair ;))

Thank you! The watch is a Tsovet SVT-RS40. I don't know too much about watches, but this one was relatively inexpensive and I really like the way it looks. I wear it almost every day. At some point I'd like to upgrade to a Stowa, but even if I did in sure I'd still wear this one as well.

And I still have some hair, but it is fading fast! I guess I should stop complaining about it being gray before it gets mad at me and it all leaves at once.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Woah woah woah. Is that the first time betel has shown his face on this forum?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads