• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Señor Crust, when you show up at work without a tie, do you hear about it all day long from your colleagues? That's certainly my experience.

My "biz-casual" look today only elicited one comment as referenced above, and certainly not a long screed/diatribe/extended joke riff. I think that my colleagues are so shell-shocked by what I wear that they simply accept the visuals without comment.

Layered Player

Reaction score

Too hot for a tie today, playing with textures.

Vintage Cricketeer summer weight wool jacket
Vintage French linen PS
Banana Republic linen shirt
HSM fresco trousers
Happy Socks
Bass bucks

Last edited:

Layered Player

Reaction score

Happy Friday! Another gorgeous Spring day on the Rocky Coast!

Armani jacket
Tyrwhitt shirt
grandfather's pimpin' cuff links
no name PS(gift from one of the Weeds, gotta wear it if she sees it)
Ferragamo tie
Lucky jeans
no socks
Cole Haan shoes- pre Nike

Last edited:

geoloop

Reaction score
i need suggestions on how to incorporate these penny laofers into my outfits, i cant imagine wearing them with anything other than a suit.

rms340

Reaction score

Cargo pants dudes.
Iso, I think that fit would benefit from untucking the tshirt/sweater/knit (??) and letting it just sit naturally. Tucking in the shirt breaks up the fit into top and bottom. I think it would have a better flow to the eye if it were untucked.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i need suggestions on how to incorporate these penny laofers into my outfits, i cant imagine wearing them with anything other than a suit.
That's one of the last places I would wear loafers.

Last edited:

Chulillo

Reaction score
WuQ7Ex0l.jpg

First post here. Hello.
Hi, welcome to this thread. I hope more people start posting their fits here. I think there are a lot of people who would benefit from a wider variety of styles.

I like the concept/idea... but I agree about the orphan jacket thing. It looks like it is. Also, judging from this picture and the one in your avatar I belive you would benefit from wider lapels on jackets... just my 2 cents.

Some days, you just don't feel like putting on a suit. For me, today is one of those days - warm, humid, with threat of thunderstorms this afternoon here in NYC.

All BB - shirt, trousers, shoes - even socks.

Too hot for a tie today, playing with textures.

Vintage Cricketeer summer weight wool jacket
Vintage French linen PS
Banana Republic linen shirt
HSM fresco trousers
Happy Socks
Bass bucks
Overall nice fit you wore the other day. I don't particularly like those shoes (the color) but the rest I do. I would have worn a light brown pair of suede chukka boots or something like that. You could have got away with it because the PS has shades of brown so it would have looked good I think.

Cargo pants dudes.
Aside from the bandana I really like the fit. I would also have worn the sweater untucked and that would have been a killer casual look. I think it suits you better than those other "more formal" fits you have posted before.

Happy Friday! Another gorgeous Spring day on the Rocky Coast!

Armani jacket
Tyrwhitt shirt
grandfather's pimpin' cuff links
no name PS(gift from one of the Weeds, gotta wear it if she sees it)
Ferragamo tie
Lucky jeans
no socks
Cole Haan shoes- pre Nike

That coat/jacket looks nice, very nice. I am not certain about the shirt, looks too casual to wear with a jacket I think... I think it some trauma of mine... I don't like yellow shirts with jackets. I own a few shirts with yellow stripes or plain OCBD but I never wear them with a jacket... I guess Dwight Schrute just burnt the yellow shirt + suit combo in my mind :p

I have several fits with that type of shoe... although mine are not black. I posted them on other communities months ago so I would have to do some research and see if I can dig something up for you... I wear them very casually...

Chulillo

Reaction score
A couple of casual friday photos:

Lunes18Mayo2015_zpsfynit9w8.jpg~original

Jueves14Mayo2015_zpspsqxrm1g.jpg~original

I apologize for the crappy quality of my pictures... compared to those most of you post... they are crap... xD

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like it! Very summer-ish haha... Alos, not meant as an insult or anything, but you look younger dressed. You seem happier in these pictures :p
And I agree... The shade of blue of your socks is awesome. I have been looking for something similar but haven't found a pair yet... 

Trust me, under any circumstance, anything that makes someone think that I look younger is just fine by me :). If I'm reading your comments corrently, you think that I look younger in more casual clothes - or at least happier.

Best of luck finding socks in that shade of blue from yesterday - I am sure that they must be some out there.

Chulillo

Reaction score
Trust me, under any circumstance, anything that makes someone think that I look younger is just fine by me
smile.gif
. If I'm reading your comments corrently, you think that I look younger in more casual clothes - or at least happier.

Best of luck finding socks in that shade of blue from yesterday - I am sure that they must be some out there.
Yes that is what I meant xD
Thanks! I will keep searching...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads