• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great look murl.

aranthor...jacket needs to be let out a touch...you can see it pulling at the button. needs to be pressed too as sleeves are very wrinkled. otherwise its a very nice casual jacket for jeans/chinos...i like the patch pockets too. but i'd opt for a different shirt...maybe a solid since the jacket color leans toward the loud side.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Where'd you grab those Superga's Kayhill? Their Australian website seems to have closed down and buying from overseas is about a $30 markup from the 60 or so they where sold here for, beat my pair to **** over the summer and looking to grab another for a vacation in June.

kayhill

Reaction score
^Where'd you grab those Superga's Kayhill? Their Australian website seems to have closed down and buying from overseas is about a $30 markup from the 60 or so they where sold here for, beat my pair to **** over the summer and looking to grab another for a vacation in June.

I got them while I was in Tokyo -- around $70.

The Iconic did have some in stock, as did ASOS, but if you've already checked those two sites then another you may not have heard of is prodirectselect.com. Unfortunately the shipping pushes the pricing up a bit.

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Would you gentlemen consider wearing a gitman ocbd in white too formal for these cotton/mohair trousers to be worn as a casual pairing?

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got them while I was in Tokyo -- around $70.

The Iconic did have some in stock, as did ASOS, but if you've already checked those two sites then another you may not have heard of is prodirectselect.com. Unfortunately the shipping pushes the pricing up a bit.
.....Found sneakers that I've been after for months from prodirectselect...stuff supergas! Thanks a lot, been looking for decently priced Diadora Heritage sneakers for a long, long time!

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you gentlemen consider wearing a gitman ocbd in white too formal for these cotton/mohair trousers to be worn as a casual pairing?

Tough to tell with the small pic, but that looks like a classic white shirt/khaki trousers pairing. Would balance it out with a belt, though, and an interesting jacket of some kind (esp a patterned one). Without something added it looks a bit plain jane to me.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My guess is the part that's too formal is the cotton mohair trousers -- a white OCBD is fine with tan chinos, and is the perfect shirt for jeans in my book.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads