• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I apologise for the lack of reply! It is indeed SuitSupply. A Havana in 42. Their stuff is worth a try, free shipping and returns!

Don't worry mate, thanks. I wish they ship to Mexico. I will have to work with someone to see if I can send them to their home and check the measurements, if those are right, then see if he can send it to Mexico. Something like what I'm going to do to buy a pair of Meermin's.
nod[1].gif

weird pose.
confused.gif

I really like this, stitch. The shirt color works fantastic here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry for the junk iPhone photo. Didn't have a chance to snap the rest of the outfit either.
Church getup:
Blazer: Lands End Canvas Shirt: JCrew Tie: PRL PS: BB Fish hook: JCrew (not pictured) Jeans: Private Stock raw selvedge Shoes: AE Amok
Judging by the top half of this fit, it seems like jeans might be too casual for the rest of the outfit.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Judging by the top half of this fit, it seems like jeans might be too casual for the rest of the outfit.

Definitely. That's a very formal tie. There's really just a lot of dischord with this whole fit. Jacket, shirt, tie are great if it were a suit or some formal trousers, but adding jeans sinks it.

The square is also no good with this fit.

I really liked it, square and accessories aside, until I saw the jeans part.

Last edited:

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Sorry for the junk iPhone photo. Didn't have a chance to snap the rest of the outfit either. Church getup:
There's just waaaaay too much **** going on here. Tie and square too matchy. Too much square exposed. Collar buttons unbuttoned. (It looked stupid in Agnelli and looks stupid on everyone else) Fish hook tie clip (nothing wrong with this in itself but not really my style) Sunglasses hanging out your pocket. (A particularly pointless pet hate of mine) You just look like you're dressed by the Internet. Ask yourself why you are doing all these things? Do you really think they look good and contribute to heightening the level of the outfit or are you just bandwagon jumping? Don't mean to lambast you here but this pic just presses a lot of my buttons. Individual items look decent.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah... That's the "accessories aside" part I didn't go into. You're right, way too much going on.

MarkThomas

Reaction score
There's just waaaaay too much **** going on here.
Tie and square too matchy.
Too much square exposed.
Collar buttons unbuttoned. (It looked stupid in Agnelli and looks stupid on everyone else)
Fish hook tie clip (nothing wrong with this in itself but not really my style)
Sunglasses hanging out your pocket. (A particularly pointless pet hate of mine)

You just look like you're dressed by the Internet. Ask yourself why you are doing all these things? Do you really think they look good and contribute to heightening the level of the outfit or are you just bandwagon jumping?

Don't mean to lambast you here but this pic just presses a lot of my buttons. Individual items look decent.

Thanks for the input! Yeah, I agree on some counts here. The sunglasses were an accident. Had just come in from outside and stuffed them into my pocket. It's a habit to just put them into my chest pocket, which is usually my shirt, not my jacket. Definitely agree on too much square exposed. I jammed it down in there and it kept popping out, I was in a hurry haha.

Also, can someone explain what "dressed by the internet" means? I've seen people use that term on the forum and wasn't sure if it was referencing something specific or if I'm just behind the times.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well done to you for taking it in stride.

What I personally mean by 'dressed by the Internet' is the somewhat recent trend I've noticed in the last few years of buggering up the basis of a good outfit with a lot of trendy stuff that is popular in men's magazines and Internet blogs (and here sometimes too) which in my opinion almost always detracts from the outfit rather than adds to it. Examples are unbuttoned collar buttons, deliberately badly tied ties, a bunch of crap around the wrist(s) - often partially obscuring a very nice and/or expensive watch - collar bar plus tie pin plus tie tac (how windy is it that you need all that to tame your collar and tie?) . I've received **** on here for my critique of the sunglasses thing. Putting them in your breast pocket, even behind a pocket square, seems perfectly fine to me. I always object to the pointless ostentatious hanging an arm out of the pocket.

I think my objections to all of the above stem from a general belief that the very best outfits are classy, understated, and draw attention to themselves for these reasons, not for a load of 'look at me' additional and largely unnecessary details. What would Cary Grant do?

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, can someone explain what "dressed by the internet" means? I've seen people use that term on the forum and wasn't sure if it was referencing something specific or if I'm just behind the times.

Taking some of the bits of dressing that get lots of praise on the internet--whether here or elsewhere--and just blindly combining them all together without any understanding of whether, or why, they work/don't work.

Ianiceman's advice is spot on.

If you wore some nice mid-grey wool trousers and lost the accessories and buttoned the collar, this would be a very solid look. Not MC Casual, but solid nonetheless.

And yes, kudos for taking advice well!

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input! Yeah, I agree on some counts here. The sunglasses were an accident. Had just come in from outside and stuffed them into my pocket. It's a habit to just put them into my chest pocket, which is usually my shirt, not my jacket. Definitely agree on too much square exposed. I jammed it down in there and it kept popping out, I was in a hurry haha.

Good job to take the advice. But, c'mon. Be truthful. The picture is 100% how you wanted it to look.

"The sunglasses were an accident." - Ok, you should have taken them out of the pocket and put them somewhere else for the picture, if they were indeed an accident.
"I jammed it down there and it kept popping out,..." 1. 'that's what she said', 2. Should have just put it further down for the picture, if you really wanted it to be further down. You should show the intent of the look, not always the result.

ianiceman is spot on, as arav stated. I think those pieces can all make other outfits better. But not together.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
mrjester, you may be right, but you may also be projecting. Some people just take a picture and whatever it looks like is what it looks like.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mrjester, you may be right, but you may also be projecting. Some people just take a picture and whatever it looks like is what it looks like.
I agree that could happen but I don't think many that put that amount of effort in to their look would take a picture on a whim. The entire point is to look good. And on a picture, that look lasts.

Ivar

Reaction score

ianiceman is spot on, as arav stated. I think those pieces can all make other outfits better. But not together.

Except for that glasses-peeping-out-of-the-breast-pocket thing. That's just one affectation too many.

Last edited:

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

more London weather...
cap-bespoke
shirt-mtm Hemrajani
linen trousers- Luxire
Jack Purcells
-TTO

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads