• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Figured I could have one shirt that's extremely bright and colorful to wear on casual days. The others are conservative blue stripes that I just got in.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably too casual even for this thread, but for running various random errands all day, it was all that was needed;

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gauntlets? Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

New acquisitions. The belt is a cheapo. Working on getting new ones.

Looks great, what are those pants and shoes? Are those your new Luxire Linen pants you were waiting for? The fact that I remembered that from the linen pants contest last week kind of worries me. I like the shirt as well, but I would have probably rolled the sleeves, especially in AZ

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great, what are those pants and shoes? Are those your new Luxire Linen pants you were waiting for? The fact that I remembered that from the linen pants contest last week kind of worries me. I like the shirt as well, but I would have probably rolled the sleeves, especially in AZ
Thanks! Yep. I actually ironed and changed in to the below shirt, which I can roll up due to the sleeves having a gauntlet.

So, shirt/pant - Luxire.
Shoes - Carmina. My go-to loafers for the day off of work to settle errands.

I think the pants would have done well in the contest. A bit long but they're OK. I would take .75" off for the next pair.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Yep. I actually ironed and changed in to the below shirt, which I can roll up due to the sleeves having a gauntlet.

So, shirt/pant - Luxire.
Shoes - Carmina. My go-to loafers for the day off of work to settle errands.

I think the pants would have done well in the contest. A bit long but they're OK. I would take .75" off for the next pair.

I think the length is great for linen. Cotton or wool I would probably like them shorter, but at the end of the day and the linen is wrinkling you may appreciate the extra length. Of course I grew up in the 80's and require my pants to hit the heel and break once. I think you have convinced me anyway, I definitely need a new pair of linen pants
shog[1].gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good, jester. great shirt. pents might could use a lil shortening, hard to say from picture angle.

MarkThomas

Reaction score
Probably too casual even for this thread, but for running various random errands all day, it was all that was needed;

I don't mind each piece separately, but together this looks like pajamas to me for some reason. Jeans might remedy this.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

looks good, jester. great shirt. pents might could use a lil shortening, hard to say from picture angle.

Thanks stitch.

Wearing them for a few days to see how long they can be shortened. But I'm liking the linen a little baggier for a few reasons.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can call it whatever I want :hide:

FYI, It wasn't meant to be offensive, just something that caught on within my group of friends. Don't have anything against gays either. IMO a bow tie can only be worn casually by older men though, without looking forced.

Well, then, as I'm both gay and pushing 58 years of age, I can wear my propeller with no fear of looking forced, then. :satisfied:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FYI, It wasn't meant to be offensive, just something that caught on within my group of friends. Don't have anything against gays either. IMO a bow tie can only be worn casually by older men though, without looking forced.

Well, then, as I'm both gay and pushing 58 years of age, I can wear my propeller with no fear of looking forced, then. :satisfied:

I think that means you can wear two.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that means you can wear two.

That might require that I grow a longer neck, or another head (two heads are better than one, they do say), or that I would have to wear the second bow tie in a place not generally visible to the general public (I will leave the exact location to your imagination - much further explication will easily qualify at WTMI).

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That might require that I grow a longer neck, or another head (two heads are better than one, they do say), or that I would have to wear the second bow tie in a place not generally visible to the general public (I will leave the exact location to your imagination - much further explication will easily qualify at WTMI).
Your ankle? I could have handled that.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You seem like a good guy, but intentional or not, it is offensive. Not everything we say with our friends is suitable for a wider audience.

How old is "older" in this context?

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno SB; hard to put a concrete 'age limit' to it. Its just that all the men I've seen who can pull it off have a certain matureness over them, an authoritative seniority us young blokes lack no matter how hard we try. When we try the only thing we accomplish is to look like we are trying. Young pretty-boys with an out of place, dandyesque, overly affected accessory that demands too much attention and doesn't blend in.

Like I said; no offense was intended so I'm sorry to hear that you took offense. Different part of the world, different social code; lets keep it at that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads