• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

it might match the shoes, but it also matches what i wore at summer camp when i was 14.

and the problem is what?

Seconding something Sugarbutch said the other day. I used to do slacks / dress shirt combos, but would not do so anymore. If a jacket is too formal for your office, how about a cardigan or v-neck sweater?

i can wear pretty much what i like at work, but i would never call the shirt a dress shirt. its a very casual plaid from j crew, and teger has explained quite clearly how the pants are very casual. and after much thought, i agree with him.

i would like a nice v-neck though. dont have any atm, and its too warm for one anyways.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think you would benefit from lighter pants with that shirt, maybe steel grey or a khaki? Navy pants don't quite work with mostly white shirts I think.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think you would benefit from lighter pants with that shirt, maybe steel grey or a khaki? Navy pants don't quite work with mostly white shirts I think.

as a matter of fact, i usually wear the shirt with khakis, i though it was time to change it up. also, the pants are not lit well, they are lighter irl. i think the colors work quite well. :)

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
as a matter of fact, i usually wear the shirt with khakis, i though it was time to change it up. also, the pants are not lit well, they are lighter irl. i think the colors work quite well.
smile.gif

I know that navy pants get no SF love, but I still like them. Having said that, I think these are too tapered for you (unless the stacking and low-angled photo is accentuating it). I know that narrow leg opening is de riguer these days, but I dont find it always flattering.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know that navy pants get no SF love, but I still like them. Having said that, I think these are too tapered for you (unless the stacking and low-angled photo is accentuating it). I know that narrow leg opening is de riguer these days, but I dont find it always flattering.

thanks man, tbh, i would agree with you. these are the only pants i have that are cut like that, i like them well enough to wear them despite that its not my fave cut.

also, i dont love the stacking, that will be taken care of when hemmed.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
PTW: A different shirt would have made all the difference in that fit. Also, running.

Stitchy: +1 on a higher rise for you. You need to extend the apparent length of your legs. I don't have a problem with the belt itself, but there's too much contrast with these pants. Shirt is okay, and it does look like a casual shirt.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitchy: +1 on a higher rise for you. You need to extend the apparent length of your legs. I don't have a problem with the belt itself, but there's too much contrast with these pants. Shirt is okay, and it does look like a casual shirt.

while i agree about the higher rise every time i see pics, i really am not sure what it looks like irl. my posted pics are taken by my 8 year old daughter, and this one was taken with the camera timer on a low chair, so the angle is always low and weird. i have never been considered as one with short legs, so i wonder how correct these representations are.

come to think of it, when i met up with 187 i was wearing these pants. maybe he could say the impression they gave off irl. i may PM him and ask him to reply here.

as to the rest, thanks, SB. :)

PTWilliams

Reaction score

IMPOSTOR!!! WHAT HAVE DONE WITH THE REAL PT??!?!?!

I've been staying on my medications and giving normality a shot. But don't worry, I just purchased this from Bookster.

I want to thank Sugarbutch, in stitches, and my other friends for the complements.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads