• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Duly noted. I'll only post the more conservative outfits on here to skip all the future hoop-lah.

CDHagg: I would never think that you'd be in H-town. I thought you would be a more NYC Park Ave sort of dude, haha.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

It's gonna be a quick trip but if there is time we should def meet up.

Put the word out for a SF meet up and ask the mods to sticky. I'm in San Diego Mon and Tues this week and downtown Houston Wed and Thur. We are long overdue for this!

Where's Catalina?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ignore them. Post what you want.

Hi Sugarbutch, I plan to. I post these pictures up just to participate like I previously stated. They just go on my blog and I find it to be a fun hobby. If I were going to a meeting or something of that nature, I would surely wear a proper suit. But when I don't have to, I dress like how I dress. I got my influences from a lot of places and I'm comfortable in my clothes...which is the most important aspect IMO.

I dress the way I do to satisfy myself, and no one else. I highly doubt I would change my style because of anyone here. I try to hold a polite e-behavior to all members, even though I notice some try to take side shots. The old me would have said something like "yo, my man...if you don't like the pictures,the solution is real fuckin' simple: put me on the ignore list and keep it moving". :foo:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this. it wont stop those who dont like your fit, but if you legitimately like it, and really think it looks good, dont go changing your style for a stranger.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Me today.Trying my best, and making do with what I have. 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

get a new haircut, though; none of that stringy crap dripping down your forehead.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i dont care if you wear high water pants, but you should rethink your shirt cut.

Hey teg, care to explain?

I used to wear really tight fitting shirts, a la current GQ style, several years ago. It restricted movement, and the shirts became unwearable when I gained a couple of lbs. I think my shirts fit me fine now, but would love to hear your 2 cents.

drichards2013

Reaction score
get a new haircut, though; none of that stringy crap dripping down your forehead.
Thanks Casey. It's actually a good haircut, but a few weeks ago, six perhaps, I went to a local barber because I couldn't make it out to the salon I usually get it cut at. The barber there pushed my hairline back a good centimeter. As a result, I've been trying to cover it up as cleverly as possible. Prior to that, I rolled with the Ivy League combed to the side. It's going to take forever for it to grow back. Sigh.

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CDHagg: I would never think that you'd be in H-town. I thought you would be a more NYC Park Ave sort of dude, haha.
Honestly, I sometimes feel out of place in Houston thanks to the way I dress and to the hobbies and things that interest me. Uptown/The Heights is the only place where I feel in my element. NYC is kind of nice, but there are way too many people packed into that city for my tastes; I wouldn't want to live there.

On a brighter note, I'll be moving to Boston soon.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Love that city.
Put the word out for a SF meet up and ask the mods to sticky. I'm in San Diego Mon and Tues this week and downtown Houston Wed and Thur. We are long overdue for this!

Where's Catalina?

I won't be available Wednesday or Thursday (and maybe not even on the weekend, depending on how things go)... another time Ianiceman, hopefully.
smile.gif

Catalina is on Washington Avenue, just Northwest of Downtown.
website and map: http://catalinacoffeeshop.com/
Locally roasted coffee, skilled barristas, original artwork rotated regularly, locally-made pastries...
drool.gif
inlove.gif

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sure.

fwiw, he's very ambitious hence he cannot handle criticism well. this is so obvious that you can easil see where to push the buttons. no depth psychology needed. both reactions are purely human - it's the game. rambo is very good at it and wj struggles still a bit. no one is hurt, imo.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The temperatures are expected to hit 91F/33C this afternoon here in NYC, and I've not the fortitude to wear a jacket of any variety today, but I do need to look a bit smart, as I'm attending a benefit party this evening, so here's my version of "smart casual".

IMG_1160546x1280.jpg

IMG_1156839x1280.jpg

IMG_1157926x1280.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The temperatures are expected to hit 91F/33C this afternoon here in NYC, and I've not the fortitude to wear a jacket of any variety today, but I do need to look a bit smart, as I'm attending a benefit party this evening, so here's my version of "smart casual".
IMG_1160546x1280.jpg

IMG_1156839x1280.jpg

IMG_1157926x1280.jpg

very nice crusty, i think this is the first i have seen you sans jacket. i was confused at first, but it looks good. ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads