• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Belly fat is a different type of fat than what's on the rest of your body. It's under the muscle, which is why "beer bellies" aren't flabby, and a lot harder to get rid of than regular fat.

What do you mean not really? Visceral adipose tissue is a result of more than overeating and is harder to get rid of.

I know that's a nice thing to hear and all, but there's no point telling white lies to yourself.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know that's a nice thing to hear and all, but there's no point telling white lies to yourself.

You're wrong brochacho.

High intensity training works better for abdominal fat because it is more effective at creating changes in metabolic rate as opposed to just burning calories with low intensity training. Like I said before, belly fat is a result of dietary factors along with a whole host of other things.

bigbucky

Reaction score

IMG_0746.jpg

A little late, but any deets on this jacket Rob? I've been looking for something like this for awhile.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another try at making the red pants look good. Believe it or not, the sweater was the only outerwear I needed today.

TauKappaEpsilon

Reaction score
I don't like it. The color of the pants is a very summer'y' color and the color of the sweater is a very autumn color. They don't pair up well. I'd suggest putting those pants away until May and when you wear them in May, wear subtle color shirts, such as white or blue and then throw on a navy blazer and you're set.

Another try at making the red pants look good. Believe it or not, the sweater was the only outerwear I needed today.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snow day! Pure Michigan!

LL Bean everything: Norwegian Sweater, Signature shirt, Bean Boots

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you mean not really? Visceral adipose tissue is a result of more than overeating and is harder to get rid of.

Easy in the sense that you just stated that it's caused by overeating. My response was to not overeat and it won't be a problem. Mix in some exercise and your problem is solved. It's far less complicated that people believe it to be. The fix isn't the hard part, it's people's willingness to do it.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Easy in the sense that you just stated that it's caused by overeating. My response was to not overeat and it won't be a problem. Mix in some exercise and your problem is solved. It's far less complicated that people believe it to be. The fix isn't the hard part, it's people's willingness to do it.

NO. Visceral adipose tissue is DIFFERENT than flabby subcutaneous fat on your legs, arms, face, and over your abs. It's caused by overeating AND other factors, such as high levels of cortisol. It is harder to get rid of than subcutaneous fat which is why you see men with big, hard bellies but skinny legs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads