• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. Sound like colours I can work with.
+ close-up of the fabric?

Coat is by Neil Barrett.

TqUfz.jpg

Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll google Neil Barrett later...

It reminded me of my own coat (a navy/grey tweed herringbone):

overjaslichtebroek.jpg

Last edited:

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ that's good. Yeah these coats can straddle MC/SWD if they are slim cut.

I'll google Neil Barrett later...

He has some weird stuff and also conservative pieces like this one.

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From last weekend. Pant length is a personal choice on these cords. A more laid back, casual, comfortable look.

Last edited:

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Me no like the cords. They're wide at the hip and then again at the ankle. That plus the long rise makes them look a little too much like...

Alive-Blog-1980s-parachute-pants.png

Can't touch this.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

From last weekend. Pant length is a personal choice on these cords. A more laid back, casual, comfortable look.​

I'll assume when you said "length" you meant to say cut? I don't see any issues with the length. Either way I echo the above sentiment. Don't like them.​

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from the thrift find thread.

I found this Daks Signature SC yesterday. I'm thinking of keeping it as a beater, mostly unbuttoned unless I can shake these last 10 lbs. It's marked as a 48 Euro so I guess that makes it a 38. There's some wear but overall, it's in very good shape. I couldn't find much about Daks though. Anyone?

PB030167.jpg

PB030173.jpg

Damned Mabitex pants don't match ANYTHING!
PB030166.jpg

PB030168.jpg

PB030170.jpg

Change the buttons or go with the shabby chic? Also note the blown out end of the cuff. Should I get the sleeves shortened just a bit (already just about right) or let it match the worn button look?
PB030169.jpg

PB030172.jpg

Last edited:

D Yizz

Reaction score
Ace, I concur with the sentiment. I'd try to slim the cords a bit.

Dig, the sleeves on the SC are as short as they should be any shorter would look bad. Either keep the disheveled look or discard it.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ace, I concur with the sentiment. I'd try to slim the cords a bit.
Dig, the sleeves on the SC are as short as they should be any shorter would look bad. Either keep the disheveled look or discard it.

Probably right about the sleeves. Thanks. Maybe I can get little leather patches? :lol:

I disagree with the discussion of Ace's cords. You have to look at his casual wardrobe as a whole. Almost everything he has is slim fitting, often to the extreme. Sometimes, ya just want to wear your ice cream eating pants.

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

I disagree with the discussion of Ace's cords. You have to look at his casual wardrobe as a whole. Almost everything he has is slim fitting, often to the extreme. Sometimes, ya just want to wear your ice cream eating pants.

While I agree with the sentiment I still think they are bad. The shape of the pant looks boot-cut at best and bell-bottom wannabe at worst. He doesn't need to have them tapered into skinny jeans, but I think he would benefit from the polish and symmetry of a relaxed straight leg.

I also do not like the rise on them. It appears elongated and this makes his hips look bell-shaped. Not only is this not flattering, but it exaggerates the flare below the knee.

Now, if Ace wants a pair of boot-cuts then power to him. However, one should never wear boot-cut pants with anything other than boots, IMO. Especially not the brogues he is wearing in the pic. The shoe selection is not only at odds with the pants, but also with the whole "casual" vibe he is trying to communicate.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads