• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This deserve waaaay more likes! An exemplary casual outfit IMO.
Years ago I was flying to New Orleans for the Essence Festival and got bumped up to first class. There was a short handsome Black man sat next to me and we chatted a bit during the short flight. When we were disembarking loads of girls from coach were crowding up for a photo with him, and this was repeated later at baggage claim. I asked one of the girls who it was and was told it was Hill Harper. I knew of him but didn’t know much about him, he’s a bit of a renaissance man (actor, writer, presenter, producer etc).
Any the point being that he was dressed a bit like this. A polo shirt, dark jeans (I don’t think yours are jeans!) and suede shoes. Nothing out of the ordinary and very similar to how I was dressed and how I’m dressed frequently on a weekend. But there was something about his clobber - No logos, nothing flash at all - that just looked a cut above your average RLP polo and nudie jeans. Hard to put my finger on it but a lot like this pic. Nothing too outrageous but when you look a little closer you can notice tell-tale signs of class. I did notice he had a nice dark brown croc leather satchel with him!

Anyway, post more!

SteveMc

Reaction score
1662380150858.jpg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgundy corduroy
0F795C28-AE92-4198-918D-DC63C761D319.jpeg

032CA576-FE34-45F7-A049-FCEC0CEB0B37.jpeg
8F14B33A-CB36-4BF6-88D8-118E2D926E74.jpeg

argiris_k

Reaction score
This deserve waaaay more likes! An exemplary casual outfit IMO.
Years ago I was flying to New Orleans for the Essence Festival and got bumped up to first class. There was a short handsome Black man sat next to me and we chatted a bit during the short flight. When we were disembarking loads of girls from coach were crowding up for a photo with him, and this was repeated later at baggage claim. I asked one of the girls who it was and was told it was Hill Harper. I knew of him but didn’t know much about him, he’s a bit of a renaissance man (actor, writer, presenter, producer etc).
Any the point being that he was dressed a bit like this. A polo shirt, dark jeans (I don’t think yours are jeans!) and suede shoes. Nothing out of the ordinary and very similar to how I was dressed and how I’m dressed frequently on a weekend. But there was something about his clobber - No logos, nothing flash at all - that just looked a cut above your average RLP polo and nudie jeans. Hard to put my finger on it but a lot like this pic. Nothing too outrageous but when you look a little closer you can notice tell-tale signs of class. I did notice he had a nice dark brown croc leather satchel with him!

Anyway, post more!
Thank you!

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
service station toilet fit.

BE24FFD2-D4CD-4276-8044-740D12B8874C.jpeg

TheIronDandy

Reaction score
Cable knit cashmere (Luca Faloni), cashmere-blend peacoat (PWVC/Permanent Style), bespoke cavalry twill trousers(Götrich/Cad and the Dandy) and bespoke cordovan shoes (Maftei). I call this combination "luxury fisherman"!

Bridge coat.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads