• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some recent casual fits

p1040236u.jpg

p1040239d.jpg

p1040220z.jpg

p1040219a.jpg

p1040216q.jpg

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My wife is at work, so I was running around and doing errands and playing taxi driver.

I don't typically comment on the WAYWRN threads on here...that being said, I've watched your posts and have read comments left by others. I have to agree that the style and fit on your recent posts look spot on for you. Great style and fit!

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the first time I wear a scarf since I was in elementary school, so I am testing the waters. Not the scarf of my choice but I was given two of them last last christmas. What do you guys think of the way I tied the scarf and it being tucked in? I wear chinos most of the time but decided to wear jeans today. Thanks for the advice.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like yours fit too, Holdfast. The red really works with the colors of the jacket and jeans.

Thanks. I thought it approrpriately quirky.

I think I'll never really "get" casual cool though. All these chunky cardigans in the thread... I can see why people objectively like them in terms of a coherent look, but I just don't get the appeal... I have one, and almost never wear it outside the house. Give me a tailored jacket any day. A thin cardy for layering with a jacket on top though, I don't mind that, though a sweatervest appeals to me more in that context.

The burgundy one with jeans is interesting though, as a conceputual/casual reincarnation of a velvet smoking jacket with black tie. I like the fun of that. :)

Last edited:

sprout

Reaction score
This is the first time I wear a scarf since I was in elementary school, so I am testing the waters. Not the scarf of my choice but I was given two of them last last christmas. What do you guys think of the way I tied the scarf and it being tucked in? I wear chinos most of the time but decided to wear jeans today. Thanks for the advice.

Yes, how did you tie this, exactly?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I'll never really "get" casual cool though. All these chunky cardigans in the thread... I can see why people objectively like them in terms of a coherent look, but I just don't get the appeal... I have one, and almost never wear it outside the house. Give me a tailored jacket any day. A thin cardy for layering with a jacket on top though, I don't mind that, though a sweatervest appeals to me more in that context.

I think it's the sartorial equivalent of comfort food.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm going to say that the tucking is bad here. Let it hang out. It's a scarf, not an ascot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads