• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Reevolving Have you considered a waxed Barbour with a zip-in winter lining?

To be honest I avoid waterproof jackets like the plague. No matter how 'breathable' the material purports to be I inevitably sweat to death in them.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Going fishing.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be cool if every time someone make a recommendation (like a waxed Barbour), a fit pic of it appeared in the next post?

Nice fit @Crat. Did you catch many?

ammanati

Reaction score
I got the Barbour jacket memo ;)
Wearing:
Barbour Bedale
Zaremba bespoke sport coat
Luxire MTM chinos and denim shirt
Shibumi zigzag knit
Carmina suede brogues

OzWino

Reaction score
Looking good @ammanati. Do you know which denim fabric you used for the shirt? How do you find it?

ammanati

Reaction score
Looking good @ammanati . Do you know which denim fabric you used for the shirt? How do you find it?
Yes, it was this one: Dark Indigo Denim Chambray. I love it! I don't know why I haven't ordered more.. Highly recommended

OzWino

Reaction score
Thanks @ammanati I've been thinking about that fabric for a while so its probably time to do the deal. Have you noticed much shrinkage?

ammanati

Reaction score
Yes, I very often have problems with shrinkage, unlike others, so I am usually very careful. Have the collar size spot on now but after about 2 years the denim one has become a bit small. I'd assume about 2% so that's about 0.75cm on 38 size. Quite significant. @OzWino

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Downtown on a rainy day. (When it rains here, almost everyone goes to ground.)

Old patched and torn L L Bean copy of a Barbour coat, Brooks Brothers Brookstweed jacket, Brooks Brothers flannel Tattersall shirt, Vineyard Vines belt, Orvis heavy twill trousers (with frayed cuffs), and Bean Boots.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads