• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watch

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anad who belive everything that can say marketing...

PHV

Reaction score
(PHV @ 20 Nov. 2004, 10:18)
Originally Posted by ernest,20 Nov. 2004, 05:23
Originally Posted by PHV,20 Nov. 2004, 01:22
Originally Posted by ernest,18 Nov. 2004, 10:28
Originally Posted by drizzt3117,19 Nov. 2004, 07:25
http://jomashop.com/w25028b6.html
A wacth for men doesn't just mean a bigger on...

Well since Cartier, one of the most reknowned watch makers of all time says that its own product is indeed made for men, I take their assertion far more seriously than the drunken speculation of a semi-coherent welfare leach.

How many Cartier do you own ? How many watches? How old are you? 17?

I own 2 cartier watches, and a pair of cufflinks. I own 4 watches in total. A Kenneth Cole, a Panther, a Tank Vermeil (a cheaper alternative to the beautiful Louis Cartier tank), and a Fendi watch. I'm 19... and why you are asking me these questions?
Juste to confirm you are a spoil teenager who doesn't know anything about watches...
How does that confirm that I know nothing about watches? Spoiled, maybe. I love to laugh at poor wannabes like yourself, and splash mud on you with my Mercedes Benz CL 500 while you're walking on the side of the road. Have fun selling your food stamps for your eye offending Patek Phillipe.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ 20 Nov. 2004, 1:46)
Originally Posted by PHV,20 Nov. 2004, 10:18

Well since Cartier, one of the most reknowned watch makers of all time says that its own product is indeed made for men, I take their assertion far more seriously than the drunken speculation of a semi-coherent welfare leach.

I own 2 cartier watches, and a pair of cufflinks. I own 4 watches in total. A Kenneth Cole, a Panther, a Tank Vermeil (a cheaper alternative to the beautiful Louis Cartier tank), and a Fendi watch. I'm 19... and why you are asking me these questions?

Juste to confirm you are a spoil teenager who doesn't know anything about watches...
How does that confirm that I know nothing about watches? Spoiled, maybe. I love to laugh at poor wannabes like yourself, and splash mud on you with my Mercedes Benz CL 500 while you're walking on the side of the road. Have fun selling your food stamps for your eye offending Patek Phillipe.
Your watches are bullshits but you are not aware of it, worse you guess you have taste, SO you are stupid. May be your watches for sissies will impress in your school for mental disabilited but here they are craps... So go and ask your mother to buy you a book about watches, it will avoide you to be ridiculious. You drive? Nice. A real little man... In a few year you will start to shave and one day will discorver wanking... Go on, you are on the good way

PHV

Reaction score
(PHV @ 20 Nov. 2004, 10:48)
Originally Posted by ernest,20 Nov. 2004, 1:46
Originally Posted by PHV,20 Nov. 2004, 10:18

Your watches are bullshits but you are not aware of it, worse you guess you have taste, Â SO you are stupid. May be your watches for sissies will impress in your school for mental disabilited but here they are craps... So go and ask your mother to buy you a book about watches, it will avoide you to be ridiculious. You drive? Nice. A real little man... In a few year you will start to shave and one day will discorver wanking... Go on, you are on the good way
No, I just like my watches. You look like you're getting very angry. I think you should calm down, and refrain from talking to me again until you're in my tax bracket. I'm very sorry that I, and no one else here, (or probably anyone in the world) has the same impeccable taste as you. Ultimately we, as existentialists, must continue to work towards the model of perfection in style (you), but of course will never reach that pinnacle. You should start a cult. Actually, just skip to the funky kool aid now.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ 20 Nov. 2004, 4:01) In a few year you will start to shave and one day will discorver wanking...
No offense to PHV, but this has to be one of the funniest posts I have ever seen here.
hahaha....glad I caught that one

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I just like my watches. You look like you're getting very angry. I think you should calm down, and refrain from talking to me again until you're in my tax bracket.

That's exactly the problem = you like them

Why do you like your watches?

What is tax bracket?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This, by far has been one of the most amusing threads I've ever lurked on. Granted, I have no extensive knowledge of watches - in fact I haven't regularly worn a watch since I was 9. It was a black Casio calculator/stopwatch/alarm combo. It was sweet. I had more buttons and doodads on my watch than any Rolex or Cartier that I've ever seen. And I only paid $19.95 for it at K-Mart, and it lasted for about year until I fell off my bike and smashed it. I threw it away and really haven't thought twice about it since. Would you be able to fall off your bike onto a Patek or a Rolex, and just casually toss it in the garbage? I think not. I never had to worry about matching my watch with my wardrobe. At the time I was wearing day-glo "hammer pants" and neon hypercolor T-shirts with my velcro hi-top sneakers. Nothing goes better with Hammer pants and hypercolor T-shirts than a Casio calculator watch.
calcwatch25.jpg

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems dangerous, Ernest, to start a thread asking for subjective appearance opinions on an expensive item you already own. It often means that you have doubts that you want others to dispel and, if they don't resolve your problem, you become angry (or, similarly, depressed). There's nothing wrong with your Patek and the blue cufflinks work nicely with them. That doesn't mean it's the only watch in the world either. Don't you feel better already?

BTW, I work with farmers in local government and their sense of style is no better or worse than most in mid-America. It's just not a topic of discussion or concern, which is also true among attorneys and in other business circles.

BTW, I admire Drizz' restraint. He stayed on point in his discussion of watches and did not retaliate in response to attacks on his person.

Personally, I wear a steel Rolex and (as should be apparent) neither know nor care that much about watches.

Regards to participants and bemused (amused?) gallery.

PHV

Reaction score
It seems dangerous, Ernest, to start a thread asking for subjective appearance opinions on an expensive item you already own. It often means that you have doubts that you want others to dispel and, if they don't resolve your problem, you become angry (or, similarly, depressed). There's nothing wrong with your Patek and the blue cufflinks work nicely with them. That doesn't mean it's the only watch in the world either. Don't you feel better already?

BTW, I work with farmers in local government and their sense of style is no better or worse than most in mid-America. It's just not a topic of discussion or concern, which is also true among attorneys and in other business circles.

BTW, I admire Drizz' restraint. He stayed on point in his discussion of watches and did not retaliate in response to attacks on his person.

Personally, I wear a steel Rolex and (as should be apparent) neither know nor care that much about watches.

I am living proof that he retaliated in very amusing, broken english.

He equates someone not sharing his taste with having no taste at all, so I really think he deserves all he gets.

PHV

Reaction score
(PHV @ 20 Nov. 2004, 11:07) No, I just like my watches. You look like you're getting very angry. I think you should calm down, and refrain from talking to me again until you're in my tax bracket. .
That's exactly the problem = you like them Why do you like your watches? What is tax bracket?
What's wrong with liking something? I don't wear any of my watches because they are well known like Rolex. Very few people know that I wear Cartiers (which aren't that expensive compared to most high end watches). I like the Panther because it is very simple and elegant, and I like my Vermeil because the brown strap is beautiful, richly textured leather and the small gold case really goes nicely with it. They are very understated watches. Why do you think it's so bad to like a watch? I think my Cartiers are very plain, not flashy. I don't like flashy watches.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SS, the opinions of an unemployed (and french) leech (on an internet message board nonetheless.) matter less than zero to me, so why waste time retaliating?

PHV, don't worry about it, your watches are cool (and for men)

Alex_O

Reaction score
This thread is out of control . Btw that Patek is nice I would wear it, it would look nice on my dainty girlish wrist. Btw is that ernest's hairy wrist or no , I am confused
confused.gif

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I asked because I found my watch on the web and saw it had been sold 2O% more than the price I paid 2 years ago.

So I was happy to see that and had the idea to post the picture from the site because it was better and closer than my pictures.

That's all. I like my watch. People who saw it in real liked it too. Just wanted to have opinion of more people.

You are free not to like it. This is not a problem. Just do not use senseless arguments like "it is not a popular Patek (as I do not wear a watch because of its popularity) " or "this is not a sport watch (as I know it is not a sport watch & did not wanted a sport watch)".

When you post a picture of a watch you like much better than mine and when I do not like them, I am free to give my opinion too.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ 20 Nov. 2004, 2:22)
Originally Posted by PHV,20 Nov. 2004, 11:07
No, I just like my watches. You look like you're getting very angry. I think you should calm down, and refrain from talking to me again until you're in my tax bracket. .
That's exactly the problem = you like them Why do you like your watches? What is tax bracket?
What's wrong with liking something? I don't wear any of my watches because they are well known like Rolex. Very few people know that I wear Cartiers (which aren't that expensive compared to most high end watches). I like the Panther because it is very simple and elegant, and I like my Vermeil because the brown strap is beautiful, richly textured leather and the small gold case really goes nicely with it. They are very understated watches. Why do you think it's so bad to like a watch? I think my Cartiers are very plain, not flashy. I don't like flashy watches.
Is your Tank a quartz one? I do not like your watches because : _ They must be quartz ones _ The panter looks like a watch for women. It may look well on an old fashioned gay (the shopkeeper of h&k Paris, an old sissy with golden bracelet on his wrists, dyed hair... has the same watch in gold...) but of a guy of 19 it looks not well. _ Yellow gold looks tacky on Panter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads