1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Watch

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ernest, Nov 16, 2004.

1. ernest

ernest Well-Known Member

Like most of girl watches

2. ernest

ernest Well-Known Member

My Patek is larger than other ellipses but not large at all and it is very slim (though it is an automatic watch)

You like watches, that's already a good point. Enjoy them. I guess you will prefer mecanic watches when you will be older...

Hahe you got some pictures of your watches?

3. ernest

ernest Well-Known Member

Do you need a watch when you play?

Try the master ultra thin of JL...

4. PHV

PHV Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by PHV,21 Nov. 2004, 11:47
    I am a violinist, so I am not going to wear a large watch like your Patek or a bulky Breitling on my wrist, it would not be as comfortable as a very small watch like a Panther, which makes for easier playing.
    Do you need a watch when you play? Try the master ultra thin of JL...
    I don't need a watch, but the Panther nicely complements the Brioni tux and Santonis (I think I'm going to get some custom fitted EGs). It is useful to have a watch on you around the time of a performance. I don't like pocket watches. To this day I still don't appreciate mechanical watches. My dad loves his Pateks and his Lange. He says quartz watches are boring. I don't really understand. Quartz keeps very good time, and many of them look very good, therefore fulfilling my purposes. I don't like the ultra thin JL. To me it looks ultra ugly. There are some JL watches that are stunning, but the ultra thin does not look pleasing at all to me. Most of the pictures I have of me you cant really see my watches well. I think in one you canse see the band of the Panther.

5. ernest

ernest Well-Known Member

Have you tried it?

6. PHV

PHV Well-Known Member

(PHV @ 22 Nov. 2004, 02:24) I don't like the ultra thin JL. To me it looks ultra ugly. There are some JL watches that are stunning, but the ultra thin does not look pleasing at all to me.
    Have you tried it?
    Yes. I think it looks like a really really old man watch. Feeling is nice, but it looks like something my grandpa would wear. I like plain watches, but that is like brown bread without any butter or jam....

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

Actually I do take advice from only a few select members, and style is personal in the end, wear what makes you happy.

I kinda liked what I saw from the Zenith collection, I may look into one of those as well for future watches. I will probably pick up the CA in titanium before the end of the year, I think I do like it better than the Emergency Mission (which only comes in stainless).

The flagship Tourneau in the forum shops had some new pateks that were interesting, one of the new complicated watches they had was fairly interesting, not sure how to describe it, but it was a chronograph type watch with two separate dials, one for day of the week and another for timing, I believe it was like $50k in wg, but I could have been mistaken, I was browsing there when a guy bought one, I thought the gunmetal one that I posted earlier was a bit nicer though, almost pulled the trigger on some watches from "Horologico" in the Venetian, nice prices and very nice people, they have a nice selection of watches as well including JLC, Breitling, IWC, etc... and they can get Zenith as well afaik.

8. ernest

ernest Well-Known Member

(ernest @ 21 Nov. 2004, 5:25)
    I don't like the ultra thin JL. To me it looks ultra ugly. There are some JL watches that are stunning, but the ultra thin does not look pleasing at all to me.
    Have you tried it?
    Yes. I think it looks like a really really old man watch. Feeling is nice, but it looks like something my grandpa would wear. I like plain watches, but that is like brown bread without any butter or jam....
    Often the same guy who are wearing a tie, a bespoke suit braces and nice oxfords... Just look classic.