• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watch

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's perfect for a french.
confused.gif
?
confused.gif
?
confused.gif
?

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're becoming as tiresome as kalra must have been.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
confused.gif
?
confused.gif
?
confused.gif
?? With 67 messages you do not risk to be anything...

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your boyfriend miss you?

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With 67 messages you do not risk to be anything...
Dear boy, I don't have to risk anything because I am exactly what I appear in my posts. A middle class writer from Ontario, Canada who works for his money and adores clothes. I do not pretend to sponge off my parents and the state and yet still afford an extensive designer wardrobe, Patek Philippe watches and all the other expensive accessories you have long told us about.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chill, guys. It's just a question about a watch.

I'm no watch expert, so a watch to me is simply a watch. Maybe someone else out there can offer some information.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not hugely fond of it...or of Patek in general. Of the more expensive watches I definitely like AP the most, although some Lange watches do strike my fancy. I normally wear either Breitling or Rolex, although the most valuable watches I own are my Daytona 14k/SS and my AP Royal Oak Offshore.

I think my next watch will be an Emergency Mission in titanium.

armscye

Reaction score
But seriously folks...

On the Plus Side:

It's a Patek, and therefore should never lose value

It's thin and suitable for wear with outfits up to black tie

On the Minus Side:

Not especially fashionable by current standards. The Pateks that are most desired right now are the larger Calatravas with roman numeral faces, or complications.

Not particularly wearable with casual clothing, in my opinion.

An American, rather provincial opinion: if you're going to pay for gold let it show, either as mixte links or a yellow/rose/green gold case. Yes, I know that all of the watch sophisticates of Europe view yellow gold as tacky and arriviste, but I must personally disagree.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ 16 Nov. 2004, 03:48) With 67 messages you do not risk to be anything...
Dear boy, I don't have to risk anything because I am exactly what I appear in my posts. A middle class writer from Ontario, Canada who works for his money and adores clothes. I do not pretend to sponge off my parents and the state and yet still afford an extensive designer wardrobe, Patek Philippe watches and all the other expensive accessories you have long told us about.
Why are you telling me your life?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But seriously folks... On the Plus Side: It's a Patek, and therefore should never lose value It's thin and suitable for wear with outfits up to black tie On the Minus Side: Not especially fashionable by current standards. The Pateks that are most desired right now are the larger Calatravas with roman numeral faces, or complications. Not particularly wearable with casual clothing, in my opinion. An American, rather provincial opinion: if you're going to pay for gold let it show, either as mixte links or a yellow/rose/green gold case. Yes, I know that all of the watch sophisticates of Europe view yellow gold as tacky and arriviste, but I must personally disagree.
Thanks fir your reply. + + + I agree with you - - - I agree with you bit wouldn't put this in minus - Being in fashion (todays = BIG watch) is not my aim. I do not like to see people wearing the same items as me. - the fact it is not a very popular model is a good thing = it is cheaper than a Calatrava (has the same movement I guess) and sooner or later fashion will change and this watch would go up in value. It was the hit of Patek 30 Year ago. THE PATEK. Do you really prefer this one?
400-93386DSC06759.jpg
I do not think colored gold is always tacky, it depends on the watch. For this one it makes not tacky, just grand-father. Some JL are nice in pink gold. What is green gold?

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads