• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t have pics yet. Have you seen these pics?

https://shoplostfound.com/blogs/bulletin/viberg-italian-horsehide-sneaker

These are still pretty chunky since they have the RGS sole. I’m assuming you’d find these too chunky if the common projects didn’t work for you. I’d recommend waiting until they release their sneakers in a thinner sole instead of the current orthopedic dad shoe.

That is super helpful and I been peeking at Vibergs IG to see their pics. I guess the other reason is that the CP ones I am in between sizes, 43 is too tight and 44 is too big. The picture on Vibergs main page with the guy in the slim jeans wearing it doesnt make the proportions seem clownish if thats the right word, but my CPs looked huge.

Jmccle2

Reaction score
Lost enough weight to fit back into my shadow selvedge. Figured I’d celebrate with the first wear on my Brandy shell.
31008675-B85E-445D-AD67-95C0DFFBDFB6.jpeg
1277AEFA-41BA-43B7-A9B1-7CB6E36D3BD0.jpeg
9F26F0A0-E207-4CFD-A641-CEC31ED927BB.jpeg

jlchau

Reaction score
Lost enough weight to fit back into my shadow selvedge. Figured I’d celebrate with the first wear on my Brandy shell.

Did you luckily find those somewhere recently or have you been sitting on them for the last 4 years? So jealous!

Jmccle2

Reaction score
I purchased these back in August. Very luckily came across them on eBay right as they posted.

The guy I bought them from had been sitting on them for 4 years. They were pristine, came with the box, boot bags, and still had all of the bubble wrap in the box.

bjhofkin

Reaction score
New to this thread – please forgive me for asking a question that's almost for sure been answered earlier (although I hope you all can forgive me for not wanting to wade through…1500+ pages for the answer).

I'm a 9 or 9.5 in the 2030 (depending on sock weight) – but that's in unlined, non-shell leathers.

So, how do 1) shell and 2) lining affect sizing in the 2030 specifically?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased these back in August. Very luckily came across them on eBay right as they posted.

The guy I bought them from had been sitting on them for 4 years. They were pristine, came with the box, boot bags, and still had all of the bubble wrap in the box.

Congrats on the boots and the weight loss! I had to sell some boots and shoes that got too big after some weight loss...eeeerrrrr sort of could use them back now...LOL

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So have been wearing the Pachena Bay fur lined today and man are they comfy...wearing with medium weight socks and fits great...looking forward to a few more wears and maybe even bumping up to my thicker socks...got to keep the toes warm!

vettemike

Reaction score
So have been wearing the Pachena Bay fur lined today and man are they comfy...wearing with medium weight socks and fits great...looking forward to a few more wears and maybe even bumping up to my thicker socks...got to keep the toes warm!
How do like the shearing compared to Thinsulate? I already have the hiker with Thinsulate, but I would like to try the shearling. Is the entire boot lined except the tongue? Do you have less toe room because of the shearling?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do like the shearing compared to Thinsulate? I already have the hiker with Thinsulate, but I would like to try the shearling. Is the entire boot lined except the tongue? Do you have less toe room because of the shearling?

Yes entire boot but the tongue.

I really like shearling so I may not be objective. Shearling duck boots, slippers, shearling footbeds for other boots....combined with smartwool socks it seems to give me comfort and warmth. I have the thinsulate hiker as well and like them also...my hiker is bull hide(super thick) and a wider width and size so I can wear my thickest boot sock with them and they too keep me very warm.

Difference between the hiker and this boot is that I really enjoy wearing these even in the house...especially in my basement home office...feels like a big rugged slipper...My hiker while comfy typically comes right off second I walk into the house.

I found these to be a bit tighter in the toe box with the shearling compared to other Bergs in same size except maybe 2040. I believe a lot of that has to do with the shearling footbed...as someone mentioned earlier they last with the shearling on it but that does not account for the shearling footbed. The Tongue in the hiker and Pachena are very different set up as well.

Sorry for the long winded answer that probably did not help all that much. I just put my hiker on my right foot and the Pachena is on the left...will report back which is warmer!

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also I just checked and my hiker is a 12 3E..was special ordered by someone through Leffott in that width. Luckily I am a big footed oaf and got it never worn from the buyer for more than half off. So both are 12's though...just different widths.

vettemike

Reaction score
Yes entire boot but the tongue.

I really like shearling so I may not be objective. Shearling duck boots, slippers, shearling footbeds for other boots....combined with smartwool socks it seems to give me comfort and warmth. I have the thinsulate hiker as well and like them also...my hiker is bull hide(super thick) and a wider width and size so I can wear my thickest boot sock with them and they too keep me very warm.

Difference between the hiker and this boot is that I really enjoy wearing these even in the house...especially in my basement home office...feels like a big rugged slipper...My hiker while comfy typically comes right off second I walk into the house.

I found these to be a bit tighter in the toe box with the shearling compared to other Bergs in same size except maybe 2040. I believe a lot of that has to do with the shearling footbed...as someone mentioned earlier they last with the shearling on it but that does not account for the shearling footbed. The Tongue in the hiker and Pachena are very different set up as well.

Sorry for the long winded answer that probably did not help all that much. I just put my hiker on my right foot and the Pachena is on the left...will report back which is warmer!
Can you post a photo of the removable shearling footbed? I’d like to see how thick it is.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the boots and the weight loss! I had to sell some boots and shoes that got too big after some weight loss...eeeerrrrr sort of could use them back now...LOL
Wait this is a thing?? Is it just like your width that changes? And how much change are we talking about?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads