• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

biglmbass

Reaction score
I'm considering listing my color 4 shell stitchdown service boots for sale (size 8 Viberg -- I'm an 8.5 TTS). Lightly worn and can post pics if there's demand. Given the rarity I'm not planning to let them go for cheap though, but would this interest anybody here? Would prefer to sell directly rather than through some major platform like ebay or grailed.

What last & what sole?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
anyone have the Boondocker from Viberg on the 2045 last? Is it still the consensus to size down from the 2030 by 0.5? (assuming the 2030 fits well as is..) I wear the same size 1035 and 2030 last so just a bit unsure..

thanks in advance
I have the Viberg boondocker on the 2045. I went down a half size from the 2030. Jason from Division Road also advocates that sizing advice.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Thanks. Gonna be a game time decision I think.. Wish it wasn't such a pain to ship back to them for an exchange in case sizing is off..

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Viberg boondocker on the 2045. I went down a half size from the 2030. Jason from Division Road also advocates that sizing advice.

I tend to wear thicker socks(medium weight) with my 2045 than my 2030 so I stayed the same size...

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok. Sizing can be ymmv.

For some reason with the 2045 Boondocker with corded being such a heavy boot I feel the need to wear the thicker socks...lol. My 2030's feel like feathers compared. My 2030's are tight with medium weight socks so that probably is why.

Curious if most wear boot socks with Vibergs? Medium weight or normal slightly thicker than dress socks?

Dpr422

Reaction score
No idea. I ordered a 9.5 which is pretty popular and usually the first to sell out on Viberg’s own website.
It appears that 2 to 4 pairs per size. I am lucky that I bought when I did as most of the sizes, including mine are gone.

Last edited:

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C4C46158-F353-4894-BA90-1E5E204DD049.jpeg
C1200460-5161-446E-B7C0-E4DB8DA0C150.jpeg
8398F484-2B73-47EC-8D89-12941A4F2507.jpeg
7A9F0AC3-3BED-4F82-93C7-D57FAB1E7DF7.jpeg
527C8D93-E741-4144-9B76-5AA12D8E5B36.jpeg

Lost & Found Tobacco Chamois Roughout Scout Boot on 1035

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I received the sneakers in my normal Viberg size and a half size up. For me the half size up works better. I would say that most people should go with their normal Viberg size for the sneakers though since it’s consistent with their other lasts. Would probably say it feels close to a 2030 fit. My Viberg size is a 10 and I’m a 10.75 E brannock. My 2030s are a tight fit and I could probably take a 10.5 in the 2030 without issue. Without a proper heel my feet tend to stretch lengthwise and I generally take a 11.5 in Nike/New Balance sneakers. I’m not taking comparison pics since the differences are small and it’s hard to tell the difference visually. The size 10 is a bit snug in width but I prefer the fit of the 10.5 overall for the sneakers due to my personal preferences. Plus I don’t really prefer a tight fit in sneakers compared to boots.

I must say that they are nicer than I expected. They cost a lot but they look great and will be hands down the most comfortable pair of sneakers I’ve ever worn. I also like how they made some subtle changes like the perforated toe, slightly thinner looking sole, and more subdued lines. I know it’s the same RGS sole as before but the sole attachment starts at a lower point on the upper and doesn’t seem to swallow up as much of the shoe if that makes sense. In my opinion they look much better than their initial release along with the grey color which I like much more. You can find me hanging out with seniors at the bingo parlor.

Thank you so much for the reply and information. Do you have pics of them on your feet?
I ended up buying the common projects runners and they are way to chunky for my feet so I want to see how these look.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For some reason with the 2045 Boondocker with corded being such a heavy boot I feel the need to wear the thicker socks...lol. My 2030's feel like feathers compared. My 2030's are tight with medium weight socks so that probably is why.

Curious if most wear boot socks with Vibergs? Medium weight or normal slightly thicker than dress socks?

I wear both boot socks and medium weight ones on my 2030 lasted service boots. My left foot has a higher instep and boot socks puts pressure on it after a while. It's not so bad with the medium weight ones.

gte872h

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the reply and information. Do you have pics of them on your feet?
I ended up buying the common projects runners and they are way to chunky for my feet so I want to see how these look.

I don’t have pics yet. Have you seen these pics?

https://shoplostfound.com/blogs/bulletin/viberg-italian-horsehide-sneaker

These are still pretty chunky since they have the RGS sole. I’m assuming you’d find these too chunky if the common projects didn’t work for you. I’d recommend waiting until they release their sneakers in a thinner sole instead of the current orthopedic dad shoe.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what does it mean to have a semi-structured toe? i've noticed in a lot of viberg shots, the toe box has significant creasing whereas other boots / boot makers do not. are other boots / boot makers fully-structured toe?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads