• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the vat-dyed streetwear boot should have assymetrical elements, such as a brogue cap toe on one side and plain toe on the other. Also, on both left and right boots, have opposing facings with different numbers of eyelets; perhaps, the eyelets can be in mismatched metals, with some blind. Of course, they would need to be a mix of a heavily textured leather such as the bullhide and roughout. I also feel one could get an interesting effect by briefly dipping the boots in different colored dyes. Stacked midsoles would be good. How about they carve some patterns into them?

Edit: Add: Forgot to mention we should use a 6"-high version of their Packer last.
Hold up there, John Fluevog. We've already decided on most of the elements of that boot. That is not one that will be up for a vote.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This gets repeated a lot, but it occurs to me to wonder if it's actually true. I mean, there's no real way to settle the question -- even if we had comprehensive sales numbers from Viberg, it would be skewed by what they choose to produce (eg, a LOT of 2030). But if you look around, a lot of 310s are out there and guys are wearing them. Not as many as 2030, but probably more than 1035, etc, maybe even more than 110s to be honest.

It's true that it's probably the most divisive last -- people either love it or not, without much in between -- but I don't see evidence that it's the least popular or least worn.

It's funny though, things definitely go in cycles. I remember a while ago trying to get interest in a 2045 and no one liked it. Now after the Context build it's the hot one.
At least for the members and more casual readers of Styleforum, it's definitely true, and we have at least 3 (maybe 4) samples for that. Anyway, I'll need 6 solid commitments to whatever you all decide on for it to go to the vote. Money talks, and the rest you know.

Raneleigh

Reaction score
Besides possibly this 310 boot, what are the other models that will be put to a vote?

Short Shift Boot

- 110 Last
- Black oil tan
- Black roughout counter
- Silver hardware
- 90 degree blocked off heel (traveler heel)
- Brown edge dressing
- Structured toe or partially structured
- Open to Vibram 430 heel/sole or black wedge sole
- Open to having pull straps at the top or strap/buckle.

I believe the following folks so far are in for this make up:

@billymax
@janoy89
@Raneleigh

Who else is in??

I'd also be open to a 110 Half-Japanese work oxford like the last round except in black oil tan...that would make for one heck of a work shoe! I know @metranger8694 proposed this shoe but in black waxed. I'm not real big on the waxed flesh, but I'd be totally down for it in a rugged black oil tan!

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With all the 310 talk, how is the sizing for it? Same as 2030? I'm sure it's roomier, but is that mainly in the toe box? I like the look of the boot, but wouldn't want to gamble on sizing for a gmto as I'm still new to viberg.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Short Shift Boot

- 110 Last
- Black oil tan
- Black roughout counter
- Silver hardware
- 90 degree blocked off heel (traveler heel)
- Brown edge dressing
- Structured toe or partially structured
- Open to Vibram 430 heel/sole or black wedge sole
- Open to having pull straps at the top or strap/buckle.

I believe the following folks so far are in for this make up:

@billymax
@janoy89
@Raneleigh

Who else is in??

The short shift, okay, but we are not going to do another work oxford right now. Not only are there are a lot of things to explore, but If there are too many "remakes" in the GMTO program, too close together, it takes away from the special-ness of any make up. In other words, if you really like something or think that you will really like something, get on it, or you might regret it.

We will also not do remakes (or near remakes) of anything that other stockists designed. That's not respectful of them.

Raneleigh

Reaction score
The short shift, okay, but we are not going to do another work oxford right now. Not only are there are a lot of things to explore, but If there are too many "remakes" in the GMTO program, too close together, it takes away from the special-ness of any make up. In other words, if you really like something or think that you will really like something, get on it, or you might regret it.

We will also not do remakes (or near remakes) of anything that other stockists designed. That's not respectful of them.

Got it, no prob Fok. Ok...Short Shift is on the table...what say you guys?

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm warming up to the 310 build.
The short shift would get my attention in another color.
A few more shots of 310s (Brown CXL leather sole) on foot. Im really not a huge fan of CXL but these have never showed any bit of that graininess and I quite like them. Hard to take better angles solo

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll likely throw a side zip makeup out once we find out about all "fleshy" leathers. I think these tend to look better with some texture

Not sure that slip on prototype is available yet, but with the amount I travel I'd be all over that too

kelpqq

Reaction score
My first pair of Vibergs, Lost & Found Natty CXL service boots

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll likely throw a side zip makeup out once we find out about all "fleshy" leathers. I think these tend to look better with some texture

Not sure that slip on prototype is available yet, but with the amount I travel I'd be all over that too
Zips are so useful for travel. I will do either slipons or some type of zip. I have Global Entry, which is supposed to allow you to wear shoes through, but it really depends on the individual airport and their capabilities.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads