• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gsgleason

Reaction score

What's the verdict on sizing with the 110 last?
Looking at those natural waxed flesh boots at Notre, 11.5 might be too big though as I'm not sure how the last fits. I take an 11.5 in my Alden trubalance last Indy boots and measure 12 on a brannock.

110 is similar in shape to 2030 with an almond-shaped toe box, but it's wider and shorter.

I had several 2030 size 11.5 (which is my Barrie size) and they didn't fit great. I have a large wide big toe, and the taper on the tow box put pressure on it.

I thought the 110 would work because it's wider, but I had no idea that it was significantly shorter, and I have the exact same fitment issue, though it's sloppy overall due to the width.

As long as you're not wide in the toes like me, it will probably work .5 size down from brannock.

I'll be putting the 11.5 110 aged bark chukkas up for sale soon.

Engineer05

Reaction score
I really like it! It's a heavy, oil-tanned leather...the color is hard to describe, brownish-red? It's very rich...looks classier than one would expect...and not orangish like the Redwood from Wesco.

I always thought that Red Dog and Redwood were the same leather - is that not the case? Any chance for a side-by-side comparison?

Whirling

Reaction score

I always thought that Red Dog and Redwood were the same leather - is that not the case?  Any chance for a side-by-side comparison?

I lack daylight at this hour, but here you go...included a white index card for white balance...

Aviv

Reaction score
Blast! @Kahuna75 was right about the heel on the 110 chukka. I have to sell the SF GTMO I just picked up from grailed, size 11. I have it on eBay no reserve auction but if any forum members are interested let me know - I know this is sort of a spam post but I figured since it's for a pair of the Viberg x Style Forum it might be fair. Otherwise feel free to heckle me and type the forum rules in caps at me.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two-tone brogues are not my cup of tea these days but I can see the appeal.

Also if anyone is disappointed with their 110 aged bark chukka in size 10 give me a holler.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am so tempted with the Notre 110 Last in Mocha vintage on commando. They'd likely see very little wear until fall but that's the perfect iteration of a work boot, IMO. That sale price may be too hard to pass up.

Last edited:

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am so tempted with the Notre 110 Last in Mocha vintage on commando. They'd likely see very little wear until fall but that's the perfect iteration of a work boot, IMO. That sale price may be too hard to pass up.
Beautiful boot. Nice brown color.

It's not stitch down but for $532 I can see how it would be hard to pass up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads