• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Woah, we're loving the Tan Horsehide. Can't imagine how those will look broken in. 

You guys getting them?

I think Viberg is releasing soon on their site.

Aviv

Reaction score

No plans of getting them thus far.

They are on Vibergs site now though.

EDIT: Those sold fast...

No this is wrong. The restock has not gone live yet. Viberg will send out an announcement on their newsletter email list. All we have seen as of now is an Instagram teaser.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No this is wrong. The restock has not gone live yet. Viberg will send out an announcement on their newsletter email list. All we have seen as of now is an Instagram teaser.

Yeah, I think he just said a restock coming soon.

Saving up funds till then.....

brandall10

Reaction score
Been wearing the Brandys roughly every other day since I got them. They've been through maybe a half dozen applications of Venetian and get brushed before every wear, as well on some days I leave them out in the sun. Last night my gf remarked how they're starting to have some interesting color variations appear...

Last edited:

afranzheim

Reaction score

Is there anyway to get indigo bleeding off the natty roughout of Boondockers?  I don't mind it, but am currently trying to sell and its the only real issue on them after less than 10 wears.  

No.

Please take pride in your indigo blood!

In all seriousness, I've seen this question asked 100+ times. No one I know has ever successfully cleaned indigo from suede w/o ruining the leather.

Last edited:

Aviv

Reaction score
Calf + 1035 is a well balanced combination

I agree. I do think that as noted above - it wouldn't work with a fine italian wool suit, for example. Would need to be tweed or something heavier. I have some summer weddings coming up and my go-to suit is a lightweight wool, pretty dressy looking. I hemmed and hawed about picking these up or maybe the horsehide re-stock, but in the end I nabbed a pair of the midnight chukkas on the 2030. I think they will look fly with a suit and I can still always dress them down with selvedge denim, etc. I hate buying something for just one function - it needs to have multiple applications in my wardrobe, especially footwear.

Sombrero

Reaction score

jp2k1

Reaction score
I agree. I do think that as noted above - it wouldn't work with a fine italian wool suit, for example. Would need to be tweed or something heavier. I have some summer weddings coming up and my go-to suit is a lightweight wool, pretty dressy looking. I hemmed and hawed about picking these up or maybe the horsehide re-stock, but in the end I nabbed a pair of the midnight chukkas on the 2030. I think they will look fly with a suit and I can still always dress them down with selvedge denim, etc. I hate buying something for just one function - it needs to have multiple applications in my wardrobe, especially footwear.

I dont see why it wouldnt work but thats me.

Aviv

Reaction score
I dont see why it wouldnt work but thats me.

You could be right. The thick soles and boot height might be a bit much with dressy pants. The other problem is functional: the suit pants are cut fairly slim and tapered (not skinny though) and they don't quite fall right on high boots. With that said, I'm contemplating ordering the olive calf just to test out the look and I'll keep what works better between that and the chukkas...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads