• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking good.
Thanks. 310 is one of my favorites from Viberg, wish it was possible to replace a couple of 2030 shells, but clearly that isnt happening. They did a cool horsehide for the Viberg poet, I'd go for those too lol

Aviv

Reaction score

I wish I had these!  No, I keep this picture around to post anytime there is a whiff of a possibility of an MTO.  This is the first pair of Vibergs that caught my attention to the extent that I couldn't look away. It's from an old blog post of theirs.  They just seemed to embody classic 1940s workboot to me.  Still to me one of my favorite pairs of boots ever.  Viberg won't do that "1950s" five-eyelet anymore apparently, but one could still get close to this, with a 310 last, half sole and cat's paw heel, and slightly lowered heel stack.  Sigh..

Yea so I'm just going to go ahead and raise the eyelet question again. Cuz I DGAF. Why can't they do the five eyelet? It's hard for me to actually believe it these days when Viberg claims such and such a thing about their manufacturing process. For example, we were told a lot of the more "delicate" leathers would be done on GYW- including a lot of the horse and calf options. Lots of noise and protest ensues, lots of boots sit in stock on their website for months and months, and then suddenly they do a horse makeup on stitch down. Whatevs brah!

Obviously I don't know the ins and outs and whathaveyous of this very complicated case, but I pretty much call bullshit when they say "sorry, we can't put fewer eyelets in your boot."

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woohoo! Got my Viberg/3Sixteen's in today.

And .... they're going on Ebay. Gorgeous boot as usual, but I'm just not a fan of the color.
What don't you like about the color, I thought the color/leather was the best thing going for those.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minhtrran