• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Does it really need to be "something way out there" ?!
IMO, getting a leg up utilizing rare leathers X (tastefully) tweaked out classic models = pretty unique + awesome as it is, IMO :slayer:

Last edited:

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Does it really need to be "something way out there" ?!
IMO, getting a leg up utilizing rare leathers X (tastefully) tweaked out classic models = pretty unique + awesome as it is, IMO
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Your desire will most likely fulfill my desire.

Did that sound weird?

Can we get a giraffe leather scout boot on a stacked mid sole and mini ripple?

On edit: On the 1035 por favor...Grazie....

Last edited:

Graemsay

Reaction score
I don't think that it has to be something "out there", the Hopper (particularly in the 50% cooler original make-up) is a great twist on a classic design.

Rather than yet another brown Service Boot on a Dainite sole, I'd like to see a bit more experimentation. The Echo Boot (is that ever happening?) would be one example, and the Inside Out Service Boot would be another.

Aviv

Reaction score
Don't get ahead of yourselves, guys. Assuming I can get this to go through, I will present you with some leather options, and then you'll be able to discuss and debate among those. The reason is that the leather inventory at Viberg is changing constantly, and I will not do a GMTO where we have to use leather that may or may not be available.

Cheers,

Fok.

I guess I was just assuming, based on the various leathers and makeups Viberg has been doing over recent months, there would be some sort of grey color out there.

Even the tumbled horse they just did would look awesome on a side zip - and even though, to my great satisfaction, they did that makeup on stitch down, I actually think the only option for a side zip would be GYW because it is a more refined looking style, not really suitable for SD.

Final note: leather sole on the side zip anyone? Then I could really start breaking the hearts of streetwear Instagram ninjas and fashion boys everywhere.

Last edited:

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think that it has to be something "out there", the Hopper
1f44d-1f3fc.png
(particularly in the 50% cooler original make-up) is a great twist on a classic design.

Rather than yet another brown Service Boot on a Dainite sole, I'd like to see a bit more experimentation. The Echo Boot (is that ever happening?) would be one example, and the Inside Out Service Boot would be another.

Hopper was fab
1f44c-1f3fc.png
... the Inside-Out is a bit too trendy/faddish w/c is really not their niche ... well, not yet.

Aside from camel leather, I'd be down for horsehide or w/e on some fancy tannage__ like the Pit Tanned Bison, w/c undergone the same tanning process as their shell cordovan.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I own quite a few. All of the other ones I own are on the 2030 last. They fit similar to the 2030. I wear the same size in both. They do appear to be more narrow in that they taper in more when it gets to the sole though. It's not as apparent in pictures as it is in person.
Much appreciated. Just to clarify, you mean taper to the toe, correct?

gte872h

Reaction score
Alright, here are some comparison pics of the chelseas vs a couple of 2030s. One stitch down and one GYW. They are much more sleek in person vs what the pics show. I tried to include a few different angles for everyone. They also fit really well but the style just isn't quite for me, so I will be returning them. The construction is solid and they are very well thought out in my opinion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads