• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

biglmbass

Reaction score
That java wax flesh is so good. It's too bad they won't be getting more of it. I hope the brown they replace it with from Clayton is close. I'll definitely want a pair.

I asked about the brown a few months ago and was told it was a "chestnutty" shade so I imagine it'll be a great deal lighter than their Java.

Ketawa

Reaction score
I finally received my waxy black kudu boots after over 7 months of waiting. I went with mismatched sizes and that worked out extremely well, they fit perfectly TTS to my Brannock size. However, I need a sanity check on the leather on the boots themselves.

The right boot, left side of the pictures, has some kind of irregularity in the surface of the leather. Is this something particular to this type of leather? Presumably, these passed some kind of QA process. My understanding is kudu can be kind of marked up, so I wasn't too worried about it. You can see something kind of similar on the side of the boots pictured on the Truman web site, so I'm not sure it's worth bringing up.

Last edited:

TheRiblet

Reaction score
Appreciate the pics. Those look great.

Just saw on Truman's Instagram acct that they'll be shipping about 100 pairs this week. Hopefully some of you will be in new boots in a few days.

Still no shipping notice for this guy. I think I'm at around 17 weeks. Trying to remain patient. It has been a learning experience for me, as I'm new to buying anything MTO. Next time I will know that if you intend to buy something MTO for winter wear or use, you better have it ordered by the previous spring or very early summer.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still no shipping notice for this guy. I think I'm at around 17 weeks. Trying to remain patient. It has been a learning experience for me, as I'm new to buying anything MTO. Next time I will know that if you intend to buy something MTO for winter wear or use, you better have it ordered by the previous spring or very early summer. 

I've been a part of plenty of MTOs and never had a experience like this. By my count I'm at 34 weeks......

garland

Reaction score
I finally received my waxy black kudu boots after over 7 months of waiting. I went with mismatched sizes and that worked out extremely well, they fit perfectly TTS to my Brannock size. However, I need a sanity check on the leather on the boots themselves.

The right boot, left side of the pictures, has some kind of irregularity in the surface of the leather. Is this something particular to this type of leather? Presumably, these passed some kind of QA process. My understanding is kudu can be kind of marked up, so I wasn't too worried about it. You can see something kind of similar on the side of the boots pictured on the Truman web site, so I'm not sure it's worth bringing up.

Kudu are wild african antelope, and part of it's charm is it will often have scaring or damage from the life of the animal. Looks good to me!

Last edited:

biglmbass

Reaction score

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta say the "sticthdown" double row of stitching on those looks great. Very uniform and consistent. They're evidently getting better w' time on that.

I understand kudu is typically "skint up" (southern term), showing scars from cuts/scrapes that the animal picked up from living in a harsh environment. However, were they mine I'd not be pleased w' the toes. I'm no expert, but it looks more like the leather is/was cracking & flaking off from the hide being to dry or brittle. I might expect that w' boots sold as 2nds.

At a minimum, I'd contact them & see what they have to say about it.

Quote:

I have owned 3 Kudu boots in my time and had to sell 2 due to fit and all three had those markings...Sure could that not been on the toe...I guess but more likey that appears after stretching and not prior. I could be wrong. Happy to take a pic of the pair I still have...FYI for the life of me I can not understand why more do not do reverse kudu the suede side is like a dream. Kudu has almost a crust layer on the outside and that crust will break open.

Enjoy those it may be the most comfortable leather out there...especially unlined versions

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
That kudu looks good to me. Stitching looks solid too. I'm glad more people are starting to receive their trumans. I'm thinking of ordering another MTO if the brown waxed flesh they get from Clayton looks good. I can't believe it's taken me so long to get waxed flesh boots.

fitchottie

Reaction score
Got a picture of my boots I should have them next week!

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A quick update on this CXL pair. I wore them almost every day over the last month or so with the holiday...definitely a casual favorite. The best feature is the Lactae Havea sole. Extremely soft and comfortable, yet shows minimal wear. Slip resistant as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads