• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the derbies started shipping yet? Would love to see some customer pics of them. I don't think mine are coming till next month.

I think the supply-gap on the Maronne leather delayed all of them. I ordered on the first day, and my understanding is they're in the production process now. As soon as they arrive, I'll post pix here.

TheRiblet

Reaction score
If I receive mine 13 weeks from the day I ordered, then I should not receive them until late next month. Hopefully my order got lumped in with a group of others who had already placed orders and I will receive them early.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If I receive mine 13 weeks from the day I ordered, then I should not receive them until late next month. Hopefully my order got lumped in with a group of others who had already placed orders and I will receive them early. 

Oh sure, just free ride on the rest of us...

Joking! :)

TheRiblet

Reaction score

Oh sure, just free ride on the rest of us...

Joking! :)

Happy to!
1f600.png
Pretty sure I already have two more pairs I plan on ordering over the next year. I live in Florida, so we only have about 4-5 months where I can wear them without looking completely ridiculous.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/2261485/

Isn't the first picture in the post above the rough out you are considering with an unstructured toe?

That's the natural CXL roughout, but they have a Kudu roughout as well.  From the stock photos they look almost identical, but there must be significant differences between those leathers right?>

kudu roughout is longer nap than suede but butter soft...while the cxl roughout is in between suede and reverse chamoise in feel with a longer nap than suede....

my impression anyway from what i have

gte872h

Reaction score
Has anyone out there needed a remake due to sizing issues? The people at Truman initially recommended I order a half size up from my Viberg 2030 size, which I received after 16 weeks. They fit a half size too small, so said they would expedite a remake for me in two weeks. It has now been an additional 12 weeks after sending my initial pair back. It's a bit frustrating since it's now been 28 weeks and I'm still waiting.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Has anyone out there needed a remake due to sizing issues? The people at Truman initially recommended I order a half size up from my Viberg 2030 size, which I received after 16 weeks. They fit a half size too small, so said they would expedite a remake for me in two weeks. It has now been an additional 12 weeks after sending my initial pair back. It's a bit frustrating since it's now been 28 weeks and I'm still waiting.
Quote:
That sounds like an awful experience. Maybe they didn't have the leather available for the remake. Did they give you some kind of explanation?
They could be doing a little bit better with communications and managing expectations. In this case, turning a promised two weeks in to 12 without any explanation (even if they are doing you the favor of a sizing remake), doesn't make for a very happy customer experience. Same with the Marrone leather. If the supply is slow, let us know. Considering the Truman guys spent this past weekend selling preorders on boots in Oakland, I'll be a little bit surprised if we hear about people getting Marrone shipping notices this week. Buy hey, maybe it will happen. :)

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a pretty rough scenario IMO... You have to communicate better on things like this. Most guys wouldn't care if you told them... "Hey no more Marrone for 3 months until a restock, want something else for the same price?"

If you pride yourself on being the "small guy", you need that "small guy" service.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering the Truman guys spent this past weekend selling preorders on boots in Oakland, I'll be a little bit surprised if we hear about people getting Marrone shipping notices this week. Buy hey, maybe it will happen.
smile.gif

That's a lot of supposition on your part, especially when it was on the weekend, which is presumably when the whole company of 7 people usually takes a couple days off...

From a couple comments on Reddit, it sounds like they were burning the midnight oil last week leading into their trip. While I agree on the communication part, it doesn't seem fair to make assumptions on what they're doing with their time.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's a lot of supposition on your part, especially when it was on the weekend, which is presumably when the whole company of 7 people usually takes a couple days off...   

From a couple comments on Reddit, it sounds like they were burning the midnight oil last week leading into their trip.  While I agree on the communication part, it doesn't seem fair to make assumptions on what they're doing with their time. 

Well, they were definitely in Oakland over the weekend. No assumption there.

I am assuming that it's human nature to sometimes over promise and under deliver. Happens to most, if not all, of us from time to time. It's the planning fallacy.

I stand fully prepared to be proven wrong, and I'll post it here if I am!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads