• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

brandall10

Reaction score

He was great when ordering my Navy Shells and communicating on the rebuild. He's ignored the two emails I sent over the past couple weeks, and Truman has ignored a phone call I made last Friday. I guess I'll try again and hope for the best.

EDIT: got a response, should be shipped within a week.

Last edited:

gte872h

Reaction score

Do you receive an email or anything, letting you know the boots are on their way or do they just show up on your doorstep one day? I honestly don't care either way and this isn't a feature I am requesting, just trying to figure out if their message on Instagram about the boots being shipped soon means I could get them any day now or not to get too excited until I receive some form of notification. 

I don't think I received a shipping notice before my boots came in.

gte872h

Reaction score

I was thinking of ordering a pair of the Aubergine horse rump, but I'm afraid if I add to their workload I'll never get the other boots I ordered. I never thought it would be over 20 weeks for my boots to come.

I know you ordered a few pairs when Truman was just starting up. Seems to me they have rapidly grown this year with them now having a few stockists, ready to ship boots, new patterns, and additional widths. I hear you about the reluctance of placing additional orders considering the actual wait time.

I know this isn't the forum for it but I was wondering your opinion of your pair of Grant Stones I saw on your IG. Is the quality on par with higher priced options? Also, is the insole and other components thick and substantial? How's the sizing and width compare to the other pairs in your collection? I'm asking you because other reviews I've seen might not have been completely objective.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I was thinking of ordering a pair of the Aubergine horse rump, but I'm afraid if I add to their workload I'll never get the other boots I ordered. I never thought it would be over 20 weeks for my boots to come.

Yup. Entering week 19 for my derbies. Will likely order a pair of the waxy mowhawk but not before I take delivery on the current pair.

On the other hand if I order those soon and they take 20 weeks I'd get them late spring just about when we're moving out of boot weather... so we'll see I guess.

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On the other hand if I order those soon and they take 20 weeks I'd get them late spring just about when we're moving out of boot weather... so we'll see I guess.

Yep, nailed it. I'll likely go for an instock pair that pops up or grab some vibergs. Want a service boot for this winter and that might be the only way.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I have a pair also, and willing to share my thoughts. Maybe you could start a GS thread and point us that way - I don't want to contaminate the Truman thread.

dqm45

Reaction score
I know you ordered a few pairs when Truman was just starting up. Seems to me they have rapidly grown this year with them now having a few stockists, ready to ship boots, new patterns, and additional widths. I hear you about the reluctance of placing additional orders considering the actual wait time.

I know this isn't the forum for it but I was wondering your opinion of your pair of Grant Stones I saw on your IG. Is the quality on par with higher priced options? Also, is the insole and other components thick and substantial? How's the sizing and width compare to the other pairs in your collection? I'm asking you because other reviews I've seen might not have been completely objective.

Glad to know I'm not the only one thinking this. Love Truman but 13+ weeks with little communication is not for me. I have a pair of their CF Stead's from earlier in the year, when the wait was around 8 weeks. Sizing is TTS, from my experience.

Also have a pair of GS, btw. Fit and finish is great. Not the same aesthetic, though. Will be glad to share more details. As another poster said, don't want to contaminate this thread.

gte872h

Reaction score
Glad to know I'm not the only one thinking this. Love Truman but 13+ weeks with little communication is not for me. I have a pair of their CF Stead's from earlier in the year, when the wait was around 8 weeks. Sizing is TTS, from my experience.

Also have a pair of GS, btw. Fit and finish is great. Not the same aesthetic, though. Will be glad to share more details. As another poster said, don't want to contaminate this thread.

Thanks for the input. I'm sorry I asked in this thread. I sent some PMs afterwards.

I saw on IG yesterday how Vince was working the weekend. I wanted to point out yesterday how much they have grown in the past year. I sort of feel bad about complaining on the wait times since I know they are feeling the pressure and are working hard.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Yeah - small business,1700+ mile move and a lot of growth is sure to cause some bumps in the road, but an MTO business by some good guys gives me a fair chunk of patience. :)

biglmbass

Reaction score
Truman needs to extend the lead times they advertise until they meet them with 98% of the boots.

That said, they aren't exceptional in missing targeted delivery dates...I have had it happen to me with Nick's and Dayton.

Absolutely and better yet shut down new orders if a particular leather is delayed in coming from the manufacturer. It just makes good business sense and leads to happier customers.

mike1742

Reaction score

i like your observation that trumans are more work boot-ish. i can't take my mind off your waxed flesh! can u put up some pics of u wearing them? bet they look incredible with jeans!
They are taking 15 plus weeks to ship stuff while making ready made stuff all day!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads