• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top Chef All Stars

MarquisMagic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by medwards
Zaytinya, Cafe Atlantico, and Minibar are reflections of Jose Andres not Mike Isabella. He certainly learned a lot from him, but they aren't -- and weren't -- Mike's restaurants. I should also note that in the time Mike left Zaytinya he cooked with Bryan Voltaggio and Jen Carroll to get ready for this challenge as well as at the Source with Scott Drewno and the Blue Duck Tavern with Brian McBride. I believe all of that had a strong impact on his growth and vision and on his performance this season. It also has helped shaped both the concept and specific menu for Graffiato. By the way, I was by the Graffiato site location last night and they finally seem to be making good progress on the construction. Mike says he is now looking for a firm May opening date. Of course, he may have Richard as a neighbor here in DC. While Richard's plans for a DC branch of his Flip Burger Boutique fell through last year when he lost his preferred location not far from where Graffiato will be, I understand he has a new site for which he's now negotiating.

Originally Posted by S. Magnozzi
Really great finale. I wonder if Richard would've won without Spike's sneakiness though.
'

Anyone been to Spike's restaurant?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I think they certainly had the two right chefs in the finale. It seems that these are the two folks that best embodied an ability to cook coupled with the drive to go out and relentlessly improve themselves since their original appearance on TC. It was pretty obvious, Mike in particular, had sought out learning situations and profited from it.

LatinStyleLover

Reaction score
Really great finale. I wonder if Richard would've won without Spike's sneakiness though.

I wonder if Mike would even be in the finale had he not stolen Richard's idea for a dish in an earlier episode? Or if Richard had not helped him with his other dishes several times during the season? For that matter, several chefs would not have made it as far as they did had Richard not assisted them. In my mind, THAT is what made him the best. It all works out in the end.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LatinStyleLover
I wonder if Mike would even be in the finale had he not stolen Richard's idea for a dish in an earlier episode? Or if Richard had not helped him with his other dishes several times during the season? For that matter, several chefs would not have made it as far as they did had Richard not assisted them. In my mind, THAT is what made him the best. It all works out in the end.

laugh.gif

S. Magnozzi

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LatinStyleLover

Indeed. Was merely pointing out the importance of a well-functioning team... No doubt Richard was well worthy of the title. He should've won 'his' season though.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed. Was merely pointing out the importance of a well-functioning team... No doubt Richard was well worthy of the title. He should've won 'his' season though.
He lost to a phenomenal chef. Also - the first female to win (I do believe that played into it... she was a deserving candidate... might not get another one for a bit). And he did make mistakes in his finale. But he won this season.. and he's probably better off with the bigger prize and more exposure.

S. Magnozzi

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
He lost to a phenomenal chef. Also - the first female to win (I do believe that played into it... she was a deserving candidate... might not get another one for a bit). And he did make mistakes in his finale. But he won this season.. and he's probably better off with the bigger prize and more exposure.

For sure.

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KJT
[

Did anyone watch the live follow-up after the show? Harold from the first season got fat as ****. Although he seems to have done pretty well for himself.

How the hell did Andy Cohen get his own show?

Does he have incriminating photos of a Bravo exec with a woman or something?

And, during that follow-up, I would have loved for them to break to Jen Carroll for a few minutes to see what she was hollering about but I guess they were afraid of what she'd do on live television. Perhaps, the Jen Carroll of this season when she talked back to the judges is her real personality?

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by esquire.
How the hell did Andy Cohen get his own show?

Does he have incriminating photos of a Bravo exec with a woman or something?

He is a Bravo exec.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarquisMagic
Anyone been to Spike's restaurant?
They are okay. The burger place is mediocre. Burgers aren't bad, but there are many burgers places in the area that are considerably better. The fries are just not very good, which is unfortunate, because there are some solid dipping sauces. I have enjoyed the milkshakes. The pizza place is better. There are a half dozen pizza places in D.C. I'd go to before it, but I've enjoyed what I've eaten there. They are what they are. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at either, but I also live near both and don't actively avoid them.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK - who watched the reunion? Anyone catch Padma "I'd like to motorboat Antonia"?

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
OK - who watched the reunion? Anyone catch Padma "I'd like to motorboat Antonia"?
Just saw it; although her pondering going out on a date with Casey was even more intriguing.
satisfied.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads