• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tom Ford shoes, what's the story?

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn, I've already spent a ton of money on shoes lately.

But those are amazing looking shoes, especially in navy.

Taylorstyle

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
dear other travel:

Where did you see those tom ford shoes? what size is it please?

thanks in advance!

Taylorstyle

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
dear other travel:

Where did you see those tom ford shoes? what size is it please?

thanks in advance!

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but the earlier TF shoes seem to be nicer, particularly the sole details, than more recent years.

DazNorthEast

Reaction score
Hi Guys

There's been 2 different responses to the sizing of Tom's shoes.

I generally wear a 10 but as always it can vary by designer.
I've seen a bargain pair of brogues but they are a size 11 so I'm just debating if I could get away with them.

Thanks

Darren

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Guys

There's been 2 different responses to the sizing of Tom's shoes.

I generally wear a 10 but as always it can vary by designer.
I've seen a bargain pair of brogues but they are a size 11 so I'm just debating if I could get away with them.

Thanks

Darren

Its not just varied by designer, even within the Tom Ford range i wear sizes ranging from 8.5 to 10.5. It depends on the model of shoe you are looking at. The best thing you can do is try and find a store that stocks them and try them on there before buying online, and this is not just because of different markings due to EU vs US sizing, i bought a pair of oxfords from the NYC store and i fit into a 9.5, from the same store i have a pair of loafers that i needed a 10.5 in, another pair of loafers from the same store same sales person etc i was a 10 although this loafer was a different design from the last one, and yet another pair of loafers this one a different design again but was going for a really good sale price at the woodbury outlet, they only had 10.5 and it fit me like clown shoes

ebayhtl

Reaction score
Bumping this thread as I was looking for info previously on this topic and didn't find much beyond this page.

Picked up a pair of Austin wingtips recently from the Mr P sales.

Good shoes, I like them - good quality leather, very nice deep burgundy, attractive waist and good looking narrow silhouette. They are definitely narrow and not for wide feets. I have medium width feet and I reckon these will need a fair bit of wear to loosen up, but I think they will eventually and in the meantime can deal with the slight misconduct (the leather quality helps here).

They were Usd570 at ~68% off - I can (I think) justify them at that price, they are definitely a step up from the Church's/various designer brands that I have worn (as an example). The RRP on these were usd1700, which is just nuts (I think their RRP was gbp1010 on the UK site).

So I guess the conclusion is, as with a lot of ppl on this thread - good quality shoes, good-looking shoes, and buy them ideally on sale.
tom-ford-merlot-austin-polished-leather-wingtip-derby-shoes-purple-product-2-713924503-normal.jpeg IMG_20170720_150716.jpg IMG_20170720_150729.jpg IMG_20170720_150723.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads