• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This Is Why I Love My Job

jett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
I don't really care what the punishment is, as long as she doesn't assault anyone else. I'm willing to take one for the team by filing charges, maybe she'll get a good lesson out of it.

No, they certainly do not. To be honest, the TSA are a bunch of morons. They do a good job of screwing up our operations.

JB

What's sad is that everyone on earth knows TSA is full of morons and is hugely dysfunctional, yet nothing gets done about it.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jett
What's sad is that everyone on earth knows TSA is full of morons and is hugely dysfunctional, yet nothing gets done about it.

the problem is - would you want the job?

you know why israel has the best system in the world for this? because it is concedered a high status job. the people who do it are mostly university students and military vetrans from good units.

here, we pay 8 bucks an hour, and treat them like ****.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
the problem is - would you want the job?

you know why israel has the best system in the world for this? because it is concedered a high status job. the people who do it are mostly university students and military vetrans from good units.

here, we pay 8 bucks an hour, and treat them like ****.

It's true that how a society value a particular occupation determines the calibre of people it attracts and therefore their performance. Schoolteachers and nurses are grossly undervalued here imo.

I remember when bus driver was considered a very high status job in Israel. I think it gave them a license to drive like maniacs with impunity, which they still do.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I remember when bus driver was considered a very high status job in Israel. I think it gave them a license to drive like maniacs with impunity, which they still do.

at one point, when I was a kid, my father was responsible for the support services of a large american airbase in israel. he had hundreds of cooks and drivers and laundry people and so on, and he had a pretty nice car. that wasn't impressive. one day he took home a little bus and gave me a ride to school, all the kids were very impressed.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, the thing with the TSA is that there are a good number of people there that do not want to work for the TSA. There are a good few people that enjoy what they do, but as for the rest, you can pump as much money as you want into the TSA and the people that do NOT have the will to do the job will just keep the whole organization miserable.

It's sad, really.

JB

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good story. Very interested in seeing how it all turns out. Coincidently, I passed through Dulles on Saturday with no problems other than a 30 minute delay. Thankfully, there was no kicking or screaming.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh, you were lucky. A United agent was hit by a flying purse on Friday afternoon, that's about it. You came through on a quiet day
tounge.gif

BTW this eased my pain a bit!
http://www.travelconnect.co.uk/showN...x?loadID=00360

JB

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
Meh, you were lucky. A United agent was hit by a flying purse on Friday afternoon, that's about it. You came through on a quiet day
tounge.gif

BTW this eased my pain a bit!
http://www.travelconnect.co.uk/showN...x?loadID=00360

JB

Ah, sorry for being a bit slow, you're with BA? I have to be honest, and out of the 'big' names, BA is the worst ever. I haven't hit anybody, yet
smile.gif

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm with BA, and I take GREAT BLOODY OFFENSE TO THIS STATEMENT:
have to be honest, and out of the 'big' names, BA is the worst ever.

tounge.gif

Just kidding.

JB

jett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
Ah, sorry for being a bit slow, you're with BA? I have to be honest, and out of the 'big' names, BA is the worst ever. I haven't hit anybody, yet
smile.gif

Uh, BA is British Airways right? I can only assume you have never flown on any airline based in the US if you think BA is the worst ever.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BA is British Airways.

If you think we are bad try Southwest from Baltimore to Los Angeles!

JB

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, forgot today's update.

The lady left Dulles early this morning and is now in NYC collecting belongings and stuff, she will be back in Washington at about 2:00 this afternoon.

JB

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speedbird_evolution.JPG

[BA glory statement]
From BOAC to the current BA, we try to recreate excellence in flight. I am proud to wear a gold Speedbird pin on my lapel when I work
smile.gif

[/BA glory statement]

I still like the old "Landor" colours if anyone has seen those, by far the best colors we've ever had.

JB

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And the crazy lady was back! I was happy to do the honor of offloading her flight in my crutches. She didn't seem too happy to see me for some reason. Oh well.

I'm not sure where she goes from here, I'm going to stop deliberately following her movements and whereabouts, if I'm told by someone else where she is I'll post it, but for now I have other work that needs to be done.
Thank you all for your support! Tis but a day in the life of an airline employee.

JB

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads