• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I made the ultimate sacrifice for my country, I married an air force doctor. So basically I was special forces.
Carefully, boys..... *sniff* this one's a hero.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Know the feeling I’ve been paying an osteopath to send his kids to a good private school for the past year.

I think I found the root of your problem.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What the hell are the Rams thinking? They've had some of the best uniforms in the history of the league. They could have just gone back to those. But apparently they thought it would be more fun to troll their own fans.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice attempt at trolling there. Maybe I’d feel bad, but at least my city didn’t steal 75% of its major sports franchises.

Just remember, your beloved Braves won just as many World Series in ATL as they did in MKE. :fonz:

edit: Ha, I forgot the Thrashers were gone. Maybe they were actually expansion though? Who cares, they sucked.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice attempt at trolling there. Maybe I’d feel bad, but at least my city didn’t steal 75% of its major sports franchises.

Just remember, your beloved Braves won just as many World Series in ATL as they did in MKE. :fonz:

edit: Ha, I forgot the Thrashers were gone. Maybe they were actually expansion though? Who cares, they sucked.
As soon as I posted mine I said: "**** I hope he doesn't catch that 'Braves' also has BS."

Thrashers did suck except for that one year they went to the playoffs. Can you imagine having Ilya Kovalchuk and Dany Heatley and doin nuthin

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's for 23 paperbacks and was only $13 so I am not complaining...just had flashbacks to buying things on Half.com

I miss half.com.

I've tried to sell some books on amazon and the whole process is a PITA and I have yet to succeed. I got some books listed, but it is unclear to me if they ever even showed up in the general listings...and between amazon's fee structure and customer preference for amazon fulfillment, it just isn't a place where you can easily sell a handful of books.

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong...but I have 4 books listed for sale and the seller site says they are listed, but if I look at them in a clean browser, my item doesn't show up even if I beat the lowest price. I am sure I could investigate more, but it isn't worth my time...and if I were less tech savvy, I would have given up well before even listing my first item.

Half made it easy...bought and sold almost all of my college textbooks that way.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to sell books on Amazon but if you are a casual seller it seems like fees eat up your entire price...at least that is what a few articles said before I tried it out.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I figured it out I think--turns out they are hiding my listings until I provide tax identity information.

Fair enough, but how was I supposed to know that? The app never said a word, I got no emails, and I had to log into the website to see it. I used the app because it promised easy of use and quick listing (just scan the barcode)....but it lacks the ability to tell me my stuff isn't actually listed?

I was getting rid of a bunch of books, so I quickly scanned the barcodes on a bunch of them and kept around the few that would have been worth my time to sell. Except they've been sitting around for months because my listings were hidden.

edit: except now they are saying that because my account has been inactive, I need to reactivate it and replace my credit card. I do that, go back to the page, and it gives me the same error about needing to reactivate my account. WTF is this ****? I'm sure there is just a delay in authorizing it, but the experience blows.

Half was just fixed-price ebay for books, and it was even easier than ebay because you just had to put in an isbn--no pictures or anything.

edit2: ok now I see it in the fine print "processing time may take up to 48 hours". Just not friendly to the little guy. I have to wait 2 days to list a $20 book?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads