• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Reqs for seattle? Staying near Pike Place Market. Definitely going to hit up Jack Straw

Canlis was surprisingly fun. Shiro's was OK. Paseo horribly overrated.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Trying to put something together for the Stylefarmer IG. I was thinking that I'd try to pick "best of" fits and then some fits that include SW&D iconic items. Sifting through mountains of fits, but I was thinking of including some or all of the following:

5-zip
Schneider merino
SNS stark or Ervell pocket sweater
Margiela GAT or CP achiles (heh)
Rick stooges or scuba or dunks
Miharayasuhiro rose camo
RG brick bomber
Helmut Lang bondage (either pants or a vest or bomber)
OL 70's wash?
A1923 or CDiem or M-Moria?
VISVIM virgil or 101?
W+H Dayton?
Aldens?

Examples of fits would be great too (feel free to PM). I have a few I've found already, but it's gonna end up being all kgfan, fuuma, parker, and ghostface etc. at this rate. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Last edited:

Rais

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe pick a theme, like MMM 5-Zips, and combine 2 or 3 good fits representing that from posters here in a single image. Might be very time consuming though.

I was looking through Instagram today and felt the content was very poor overall across the 50 or so accounts I browsed through (not styleforum's account, just fashion accounts in general). The photos were not great quality since most were taken with a phone cam and there was little to no discussion. Didn't feel interested in spending any more time there.

I am glad places like Styleforum are still going well. I have missed regular posts from Parker, ManofKent, Canstyleace, and a few others here though.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Trying to put something together for the Stylefarmer IG. I was thinking that I'd try to pick "best of" fits and then some fits that include SW&D iconic items. Sifting through mountains of fits, but I was thinking of including some or all of the following:

5-zip
Schneider merino
SNS stark or Ervell pocket sweater
Margiela GAT or CP achiles (heh)
Rick stooges or scuba or dunks
Miharayasuhiro rose camo
RG brick bomber
Helmut Lang bondage (either pants or a vest or bomber)
OL 70's wash?
A1923 or CDiem or M-Moria?
VISVIM virgil or 101?
W+H Dayton?
Aldens?

Examples of fits would be great too (feel free to PM). I have a few I've found already, but it's gonna end up being all kgfan, fuuma, parker, and ghostface etc. at this rate. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

stylefarmer ig?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drew had some nice 5 zip fits :eek:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
guys imagine if Snowman for NoMan [TM] became a reality, should @gdl203 make this happen ???

@snowmanxl: walmart tee, shorts with utility pocket in summer-weight wool by snowman tailored garment , nike air footscape magistas, crazy Zeptepi bag he gonna make for me with huge modifications :cool:
shah (no vis): yyph balloon trousers, cdgh+ sheer dark khaki poly shirt with metal buttons, white uniqlo tee, vans

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

akclothpooper

Reaction score
Hey @Rais I'm wondering where you got the black drawstring bucket hat from? Been looking around for one and can only seem to find olive from surplus.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Hai guise. Kind of new to SW&D but encouraged to x-post here from the CM WAYWT. Thoughts?

Time for the summer whites and near-whites portion of the program.

Trousers: AG
T-shirt: Hugo Boss
Suede loafers: Suitsupply
Watch: Tsovet
Wrist beads: homemade

Would wear those exact colors except with a thin silk knit and some tan boots or suede moccs

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I'm being a special flower today and cross-posting from the SF x Luxire leather jacket thread to get some additional input on how to go about modifying the fit.

I finally forced myself to go outside in the 90° weather and take some photos of my canvas fit jacket. I'm glad I ponied up the extra money, because there are definitely some tweaks I'd make. Ashish said they'd make another canvas fit jacket once they have my adjustments.

The main issue - which is more so something I can feel and not super-visible in the pictures - is that I've got a definite collar gap in the back, but the chest is tight when the jacket is fully zipped.

Other stuff includes:

- Shoulders could probably come in 1/2 - 3/4"
- Body length could increase a little, maybe another 1/2 - 3/4"
- Sleeves could come in along the entire length (biceps are a little baggy, sleeve opening is a little loose)
- Armholes could go up maybe 1/2"
- Hem could come in a full inch, maybe slightly more. There's a pretty hourglass effect going on that shouldn't go away entirely, but that I'd like to minimize.
- The midsection is still a little loose, but I'm not sure how much more I can go in without maintaining the exaggerated hourglass shape.

I'm open to any other suggestions or critiques. This is basically a stock 39 with the body slimmed down a little.

edit: I just figured something else out - the lower half of the back is kind of shapeless right now. I think ihe fit could be improved by taking in the vertical center seam along the back from the hem up to maybe 8 or 9" rather than trying to slim the midsection any further at the side seams (I think it would still need to come in a little at the hem to deal with the hourglass shape, though).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads