• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacepope

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Isabel Benenato wool beanie
Slam Buffet linen scarf
Viridi–Anne cotton coat and wool cardigan
Damir wool/cotton cardigan
Odyn Vovk tee
Void tank
Plokhov pants
Rick donks

Last edited:

fireflygrave

Reaction score
Duuuuuuuuunks :D

I grew up in a suburb about 40 mins south of SF and referring to it as "the City" made a lot of sense for us. calling it that if you live there is probably pretty pretentious though.

and I never had any knowledge that the term had any connection to or stronger connotation re NYC or London over SF until college, for whatever that's worth...

I grew up just outside of New Orleans and everyone called that the city. Seems pretty standard if you live just outside somewhere cool

mitchellmcm27

Reaction score
sunday afternoon, time to get a taco.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

this happened to me too.

back in the late 1990s there was a craigslist-style minimal text-only site called foopee that listed punk shows all over the bay area. I think, as a joke, they decided to advertise a Me First and the Gimme Gimmes show that didn't actually exist at the Folsom Street Fair. I was in high school at the time. Not knowing anything (which is generally the case in high school), I got 2 of my punk buddies and we drove up to THE CITY to check out the show. Driving in, once we got off the freeway, we saw several packs of dudes wearing assless chaps walking along the route we were taking to get to this fair. We just thought, "oh, we must be in San Francisco. I've heard it's gay here. Wow, they really aren't kidding about that." Then once we parked, we realized the assless chaps dudes were definitely all going to the same place we were.

But we were told there was a punk show, and Me First are hilarious live and well worth it to see, so we were determined. So us three 16-17 year old straight, oblivious, and now slightly unnerved kids went into the Folsom Street Fair and had to wander a few blocks past countless naked asses, several exposed penises, and some kind of booth that involved a pinball/bowling game called "Shoot the Chute" in which one's objective was to roll a ball along a playing board where the top score was obtained by successfully getting the ball into a hole around which was drawn a naked man's anus, before finding a stage on which a band full of transvestites was putting on some kind of music / burlesque show. We figured we'd found the "main stage" and asked several people when Me First would be playing. No one had any idea what we were talking about, but still determined, we stayed for a good 20-30 minutes before finally accepting that we'd been had. Then we realized we were just three dudes enjoying the Folsom Street Fair. I think at some point we started to worry that if we just up and left we would appear intolerant. Our discomfort and nervousness eventually outweighed any liberal guilt and we got the hell out of there.

:lol:

You know people don't talk about the bay to breakers being about as bad as the folsom street fair these days, i ran last year and it was way too many nude guys. It was funny because we were running with my wife's former employer, it was a team event, and i was laughing to myself that this was not the team event they envisioned.

On another note, the linkedin team was really cool because there was at least 20 of them linked up to each other with rope or some sort of string.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's nice out.

Persol / WvG (really nice tencel shirt) / Big John x Aloha Rag / Margiela + Rolex

PS random rant: rehabbing my shoulder has been the most annoying/tedious process ever.

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kgfan5

Reaction score
dunks look great, spope! nice to see some baller sneakers in your fit. did you end up getting the gimp?

ZnOTJpl.png

c9EEhlV.png

QfQaIK0.png

rick owens parka
daniele alesssandrini distressed sweater
void tee
dior homme waxed jeans
guidi boots

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads