• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last summer I was suppose to meet up a friend in SF. It was at a park right near Unionmade. I was kind of lost being unfamiliar with that location and just kept walking down the street. I then got a little nervous as I saw a dude butt naked walked towards me. I continued walking until I hit when looked like town square with a fountain and several gentleman lounging about nude. At that point I was kind of having a mental meltdown. I saw a cop and walked towards her asking for directions and proceeded to make a u-turn. It was a very new experience for me. And as I walked through the back neighborhood to the park, everyone had a dog it seemed. I thought that was cool.

chinesealpha

Reaction score
i was reprimanded a few days ago for dressing in the fashunz. i was told the way that i dress intimidates customers and makes it harder for them to approach me. hello company polos and khakis...

Being intimidatingly well dressed is a good first step for most anyone in sales, especially when you're dealing in aspirational products. Competence, taste, a sense of self-worth... these are things that I'd like to see in a person guiding me through a major purchase. People that envy you will buy whatever car you tell them to buy.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speaking of, I was in San Francisco a while back and I like street fairs,
so my friend said lets got to the Folsom Street Fair, and I was like "sounds cool"
and so we did
and then oh dear.......

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i call it san fran.

there is only SF, and its a .net, not a city.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
haha DLester... I hope you wore a nice Rick leather to the Folsom St Fair.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup that's basically what everyone calls it, when you think of coming to Bay Area you don't really come to the bay to visit Oakland...probably why even craigslist refers it too SF Bay Area when they talk about most of Northern California.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RayBan/EG/APC/BoO/JE+CO/Jil

LelandJ

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Being intimidatingly well dressed is a good first step for most anyone in sales, especially when you're dealing in aspirational products. Competence, taste, a sense of self-worth... these are things that I'd like to see in a person guiding me through a major purchase. People that envy you will buy whatever car you tell them to buy.

I just leased a car from a dadcore guy in his late 30's. Salesman told me he's leased over a hundred cars, said he's never heard of GAP coverage or disposition fees, and looked at me like I was crazy. He also told me multiple times prices were non-negotiable and dictated by Honda, so I had to tell him to go to the manager, the guy behind the curtain (in this case the guy in the office hidden form view by a truck in the main building) and get me the monthly rates for such and such cap cost. Every time he came back with a number I told him to go back behind the truck and get me a new rate for a lower cap cost until it reached the lowest on KBB for this dealer.
lol8[1].gif
So I learned the dealer makes more money by having a semi-marsupialed but nice guy do the selling.

No, it isn't.

So flashers don't have to hide anymore?
lol8[1].gif

so my friend said lets got to the Folsom Street Fair, and I was like "sounds cool"
and so we did
and then oh dear.......

I'd like to see, not literally, this happen in NYC.
lol8[1].gif

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate the San Francisco nick name bullshit talk. Call it whatever you want because it's been called some variation of it by different people since whenever.

With that out of the way, SF or San Francisco. Bunch of yuppie idiots think "no one from San Francisco ever calls it Frisco" but they're ******* wrong, because its popular among ghetto-er crowds, or at least it was when I grew up.

/rant over

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

glasses
yang li suit
four horsemen mesh tee
diet butcher slim skin derbies
werkstatt munchen bracelet

wanted to get some proper shots of the suit details, but most of the photos didn't really turn out

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I grew up in a suburb about 40 mins south of SF and referring to it as "the City" made a lot of sense for us. calling it that if you live there is probably pretty pretentious though.

and I never had any knowledge that the term had any connection to or stronger connotation re NYC or London over SF until college, for whatever that's worth...

This sounds like where I grew up... ?!?!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

and so we did
and then oh dear.......

Made that mistake in the past but a friend and I were meeting some cute girls there so we had good reason to me out there, after about 15 mins we were trying to figure out something else to do.

Re; city name, I refer to it as the bay or san fran, often time people know what's up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads