• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Exit English
I definitely posted two of them a few months ago, but no one noticed.

In my experience this means your fit was entirely unremarkable. People comment on good fits, and people comment on bad fits, but unless you're a regular in WAYWT nobody really comments on average fits.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skunkworks
It's the hunched over shoulders that seem to bother people. It's not a big deal for me because I've liked your recent fits and I'm able to separate the clothes from your body language, but I can see why people don't like it. But it would be awesome to troll by continuing to post progressively worse pics over the next few months until you just start doing WAYWTs with you curled up in fetus position.

hahaa

Exit English

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
In my experience this means your fit was entirely unremarkable. People comment on good fits, and people comment on bad fits, but unless you're a regular in WAYWT nobody really comments on average fits.

Yea it was because the photo was actually terrible both times since I used my iphone and a mirror. Not a good idea.

I just took a photo of what I was wearing today anyway. JD, feel free to bash me as much as you like as repayment for my rude comments.

clothes3.jpg

Exit English

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
JD's pics are fine. ppl just don't have anything else to hate on right now, except for robbie.

If uncontrol would post some new **** already people would lay off, its true.

cez

Reaction score
noob here...but please allow me to chime in.

JD, i like you're fits, not always a fan of the patterns and colors, but solid fits none the less.

And in my experience both on forums and IRL people will always find **** to nit pick about. I mean c'mon if the only thing people are criticizing is your posture than you're obviously doing something right.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I'm not going to bash you, people just need to post fits so there is some perspective to the criticism (and whether said criticism should be taken seriously). Not that "expensive stuff doesn't necessarily look good" is really criticism.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
i'm supposed to be at a wedding in two hours and i look like this.. even my clothes are a wrinkled mess. can't shave because my face is too sunburned, like three days worth of hungover
Hell yeah

1zziauf.jpg

N Hoolywood
Jil Tie
Belt
Raf
Jil shoes nos visible

Post-music festival exhaustion steez is one of the best kinds of steez.

Exit English

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
I'm not going to bash you, people just need to post fits so there is some perspective to the criticism (and whether said criticism should be taken seriously). Not that "expensive stuff doesn't necessarily look good" is really criticism.

I never claimed I was the best dresser either. I just know what I like and what I dont like when I see it. I like a lot of your stuff, just not the last few.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I am 24, I didn't finish college, I'm married.
This made me triple facepalm.
I am not PhatGuido,Socal2nyc,or any other 'baller'. I have no aspirations to be those gentlemen.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
I have a wife, and I'd like to have a family,and a home, and some comfort.
Having a family life is not mutually exclusive with having a decent job. Bad excuse.
I am not a baller, i probably won't ever be..
Setting your aspirations real low is the easy, albeit lazy, way to go through life.

scribbles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
^Don't even know who this dude is... another one of those guys who racks up post count in the J.Crew and Clarks DB threads?

Basically. I do wear a lot of J. Crew and I understand a lot of the hate it can get, but unlike a lot of other members it fits me surprisingly well. I also have a great tailor who works wonders and will do everything for tiny alterations to completely recutting a garment to make sure that it fits just right. If you're going to bring up that "mall brand" b.s. feel free but if that's the best argument you can come up with then you must really be digging for any reason to hate on it. Yes, it is relatively inexpensive, and that is exactly what I like about it. The quality is better than the vast majority of other "mall brands", and I am constantly impressed with attention to detail that is usually reserved for items that can only be obtained at a much higher price point. The majority of pieces that I purchase from J. Crew/Gap/Club Monaco etc. are seasonal items that will only get worn a few times a year and therefore, I do not see the need to spend exorbitant amounts of money for such items. For things that I know will be worn year round or are foundational items such as blazers, suits, jeans, shoes I am more than willing to pay a significant premium for a higher quality garment.

The issue I have, and one that seems to be shared with quite a few other members has little to do with your actual outfit. We all have different styles and personalities and our clothes are often an outward expression of that personality. You wouldn't wear 99% of the stuff I do, and I wouldn't be caught dead in 99% of the pieces you rock. This is to be expected. The problem is that you stand hunched over purposely in poses that make you look like a sickly self-loathing degenerate and someone that shouldn't be allowed to live within 2000ft of a school zone. Those awkward poses are completely unnecessary distractions that detract from the outfits that you obviously put a lot of time/effort/money into making look the best they possibly can.

And for the record, there are a handful of pictures of me scattered around different threads. I would post more, but I don't walk around with a personal photographer nor do I care enough to go through the trouble of finding someone to take a picture of my 'fit or setting up a tripod and a self-timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads