• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
Are you a cop? You have to tell us if you're a cop.

lol

tbh the jeans dont look bad, decent fit

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noobizor, I also wear Thom Browne. Thats it though.
I used to try and budget Junya but without more Junya it kinda looks...well, awkward. Overstylized or nothing.

Cacatfish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
New jeans. Thoughts?

DSCF0732.jpg

Vintage 1962 USAF bomber jacket
Pendleton flannel shirt
Old Navy henley
Bdg Selvage
Red Wing

Fort point going off!

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ w00t w00t!

Originally Posted by cb_32
everything is cool, the denim is kinda iffy tho

Originally Posted by Bona Drag
lol

tbh the jeans dont look bad, decent fit

Thanks, I have a hard time finding a decent fit, & slowly stepping up teh denim game. These were originally $80 & were half off, so I figured why not.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
I used to try and budget Junya but without more Junya it kinda looks...well, awkward. Overstylized or nothing.
see thats the thing though, i kind of disagree for ex i can see one of those jackets working with just a white tee/raw denimz/boots or those painted/lined jawnz looking good with a windbreaker and some white sneaks i think people on both sfs get a little carried away with the overstyling thing; if you do it right, you can do a really bold piece and a bunch of lamebasics and still stunt on people i realize this is a peasant status opinion, but w/e

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
bored.
9AsW9.jpg
please if you could keep rude comments about my thighs to yourself this time. edit: SHUT THE **** UP MAGICIAN.

i guess jet didn't give you the message. i was down on rodeo drive 2 weeks ago.
inlove.gif
Originally Posted by style wallah
first post:
20110319-1.jpg

stylefailure.net
Originally Posted by AR_Six
confused.gif
dude... when it comes down to it, they're just cap toe sneakers.

why are you even acknowledging style advice from hendrix? if your photo quality was as good as say aeglus' is, you wouldn't even be having this discussion cuz they would look sick as hell.
I'm taking Shell out to dinner when she comes to NYC.
lol. that would be like frodo baggins taking gwenyth paltrow on a date.
Originally Posted by jet
Lanvins sneaks look better on sq4you
ftfy
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
If shellshock's thighs are fat I am scared to see what Magician feels is skinny or "normal"
shut up thunder thighs
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
see thats the thing though, i kind of disagree for ex i can see one of those jackets working with just a white tee/raw denimz/boots or those painted/lined jawnz looking good with a windbreaker and some white sneaks i think people on both sfs get a little carried away with the overstyling thing; if you do it right, you can do a really bold piece and a bunch of lamebasics and still stunt on people i realize this is a peasant status opinion, but w/e
i agree. if you go over the top with that **** it just looks marsupialed. same is true with most head-to-toe-from-one-designer fits.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sq4you
why are you even acknowledging style advice from hendrix? if your photo quality was as good as say aeglus' is, you wouldn't even be having this discussion cuz they would look sick as hell.
Eh, people agreed with him, though not anyone I ever recall posting a fit pic on here.

Figured I'd snap one even though it's nothing special, NDG, W+H, Spurr, Alden. Click for giant-sized alternate.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
see thats the thing though, i kind of disagree

for ex i can see one of those jackets working with just a white tee/raw denimz/boots

or those painted/lined jawnz looking good with a windbreaker and some white sneaks

i think people on both sfs get a little carried away with the overstyling thing; if you do it right, you can do a really bold piece and a bunch of lamebasics and still stunt on people

i realize this is a peasant status opinion, but w/e

I can agree, I just really have such limited funds bruh. A shell is definitely on my cop list but it might not even be until next year at this rate. I definitely agree about just a plain white tee, maybe I'll do that tonight?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please if you could keep rude comments about my hips to yourself.

EDIT: OMG SHUT THE **** UP MAGICIAN.

haha
I don't get it either, and they're old sole lanvins so the sole is the same as CP's. The uppers are charcoal, not quite black, with a burgundy trim that has some depth to it:
aH1DB.jpg

Originally Posted by APK
It's not the shape of the shoe, it's the tacky burgundy trim and toe cap. I actually think the shape and materials look good based on the stock picture AR posted, but the burgundy makes the shoes look like you'll end up back in Kansas if you click them together three times.

For me it's more the shape. I quite like the colours, it's just that (for lows at least) i prefer something slim with slim denim.

Eh, people agreed with him, though not anyone I ever recall posting a fit pic on here.

Figured I'd snap one even though it's nothing special, NDG, W+H, Spurr, Alden. Click for giant-sized alternate.

This makes it pretty clear to me that we just have different tastes in the lower half silhouette we like. To me, the Aldens look way too clunky to be paired with those jeans.

From now on i think i'll just ignore everything below the knee. Everything else is very nice, of course

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can agree, I just really have such limited funds bruh.

wait, whut?
this was my whole point - you already have the $$$ pieces
if you pair them with cheap **** the right way, it can still look really good

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your last fit was really good. This one isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads