• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dachshund

Reaction score
^ Jesus.

+ can people please stop showing me red subs because now there is yet another thing I want. You are collectively ruining me.

Winot

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice about brushed steel bracelet watches. I tried on a Seamaster at the London Omega store this morning, then a couple of Ingenieurs at the IWC store. Then I went to Austin Kaye on the Strand and bought an Explorer 1016 :slayer:

Last edited:

kimmo

Reaction score
Slightly related to Keith T's story above about selecting the seller... I thought I had made a decent deal and with the warranty, I decided last week to make a purchase. I also told the seller to have a last checkover on the watch before sending it. Got email today from Paypal that my purchase was fully refunded and the dealer sent me a very short mail about "finding a problem while packing the watch". :angry:

In the end probably a good thing, lesser seller would have just sent it over and pushed his luck.

The other vintage kop is still on the way, btw.

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Heard Omega is releasing a limited edition Bond watch later this year in conjunction with the new 007 movie. Anybody planning on getting that?

No.

^ Jesus.

+ can people please stop showing me red subs because now there is yet another thing I want. You are collectively ruining me.

Indeed, not one but two red 1680s are at my workplace; I understand the temptation all too well:

I posted this earlier in the thread but it seems relevant. :|

However, I'm more than happy with the 1675, so there's an alternative with the bonus of insert colour options to consider.

P12OFIT

Reaction score
What does it mean to be a red sub? It has the red "Submariner" text? Sorry... I'm new to this.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Heard Omega is releasing a limited edition Bond watch later this year in conjunction with the new 007 movie. Anybody planning on getting that?

Think I'll pass and wait for the next Bond limited edition. Or maybe the one after that. Or the next one.

I'm waiting for the 007 limited edition half hunter. :embar:

Omega just doesn't get it. Just have Bond wear their watch and it will become a classic. Limited editions are probably reducing sales.

Last edited:

dsn112

Reaction score

Omega just doesn't get it. Just have Bond wear their watch and it will become a classic. Limited editions are probably reducing sales.

I'm pretty sure Bond wears the standard watches in the movie and then Omega makes a special one. The blue AT he wore in skyfall didn't say anything about bond on it, but it sold a ton based on being in the movie

Dachshund

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice about brushed steel bracelet watches. I tried on a Seamaster at the London Omega store this morning, then a couple of Ingenieurs at the IWC store. Then I went to Austin Kaye on the Strand and bought an Explorer 1016
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Awesome choice. A real beauty. Looks like it ticks all the boxes. Well done. And I like Austin Kaye - bought my Speedy there.

Wishing you many years of pleasure with it.
cheers.gif

Dachshund

Reaction score
After the game I'm waking to the car and parked behind me is......

There's something in me that just loves this sort of filthy high-end car. One day I want to have not just a daft sports car, but a real 'f-ck you' works version Lambo or something like that Ferrari, which I assume is some sort of Scuderia variation of the Italia, with logos all over it. I'd own it for about six months, rag it as much as a could, then sell it in shame and have a good shower.

Winot

Reaction score

Awesome choice. A real beauty. Looks like it ticks all the boxes. Well done. And I like Austin Kaye - bought my Speedy there.

Wishing you many years of pleasure with it. :cheers:

Thanks - they gave me a good price (I was waiting on one for a long time) and gave me a decent part-exchange price on an old over-sized Glycine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads