• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love this submariner with the green. And where do you buy braclets like that? You know some good website, want some :)
Picked up this Submariner on the weekend and couldn't be happier with it. Also have a Stowa Antea 365 on mid brown croc strap enroute sometime in August.
6e00f1fb.jpg

Sold my Sinn last month

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to a watch store yesterday, saw the beaum et mercier capeland flyback chrono and I was not impressed. Too much going on.

but the IWC Portuguese chrono and Portuguese auto 7 day :inlove:

the strap on the 7 day felt too small/thin imo, anyone else feel the same way?

I like the 7 day more but its an extra 4k and bigger. Whatever I decide to get will be worn daily until I add another watch.

Thoughts?

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Went to a watch store yesterday, saw the beaum et mercier capeland flyback chrono and I was not impressed. Too much going on.
but the IWC Portuguese chrono and Portuguese auto 7 day :inlove:
I like the 7 day more but its an extra 4k and bigger. Whatever I decide to get will be worn daily until I add another watch.
Thoughts?

Love the 7 day automatic with the slate grey dial!!

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my Port auto, if you don't mind the thickness. I would go with the auto, I think it's worth the extra $$$.

32fe40a2.jpg

b3677e96.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:drool:

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but the IWC Portuguese chrono and Portuguese auto 7 day
inlove.gif

Thoughts?

I like the looks and size of the chrono, but I'd rather have the movement thats found in the 7 day.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess I tend to wear the big pilot when I want a bigger watch as I think the 7-day is a little big for a pure dress watch, but I do like the grey one a lot.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Grey 7 day is very very sweet. Somehow, the color of the dial seems to take away from the size of the watch. It makes the white one look jumbo in comparison.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Got a question for all you Bond-nato strap nuts: I picked up this one from Broadarrow:

and I thought it was black and grey. when I got it in I saw it looks more like navy/grey/red. So, I emailed the guy and asked why the Bond strap didn't look more like the black/grey jobbies that I always see pictures of. Like this:

And he says that the first strap is more representative of the movie and the second style is being phased out. I swear I've never seen a bond pic with a blue/red/navy color like that. Thoughts?

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He is right that the actual strap used in the movie has red. Also, if we're being really nitpicky, it was a one piece strap, 2-4mm too narrow, with no keepers.

Recently "Bond strap" has become a colloquialism for any NATO/Zulu with those stripes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads