• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

stafa

Reaction score
Thinking about getting the Zenith Captain Winsor Annual Calendar, but I'm also having trouble convincing myself not to go with a Sub for my first "real" watch. The Sub would definitely be more of a daily beater watch than the Zenith.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone that posted about the IWC 7 day/chrono,

Thanks guys! I am leaning towards the 7 day now, time to save!!!! :(

Grey 7 day is very very sweet. Somehow, the color of the dial seems to take away from the size of the watch. It makes the white one look jumbo in comparison.

I am also looking for a NATO strap, I was going to order from a link that was posted on here but the seller is away.
40 USD seems a bit too much for a nylon strap IMO.
anything else?
Here, you wont find it cheaper.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20MM-STRIPP...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item2eb795b4c3

Thanks, but I ordered from Drew the same day that I posted about the strap lol.

You guys know what this slider piece on the strap is for? Its annoying the **** out of me.

are you referring to the nato strap?

LIKE OHMYGAWHHHH can we stop with all the talk about the submariner, now I want one again. :( lol

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys know what this slider piece on the strap is for? Its annoying the **** out of me.

It is to keep the watch from moving around on the strap. That doesn't seem to be a problem but that's why it's there.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Everyone that posted about the IWC 7 day/chrono,
Thanks guys! I am leaning towards the 7 day now, time to save!!!! :(
LIKE OHMYGAWHHHH can we stop with all the talk about the submariner, now I want one again. :( lol

Good choice :slayer: ! Don't forget to post some pics when you do get it.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

It is to keep the watch from moving around on the strap. That doesn't seem to be a problem but that's why it's there.

Yeah, Derk helped me figure it out. In other news, I really don't like NATO straps. So that was a failed experiment.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Warren, I will but it's going to take some time since its more than what I was planning on spending. :/

Rambo, why not?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Rambo, why not?

Didn't like the 3rd ring with the adjustable end. Didn't like the 3rd ring being so close to the lugs. Didn't like that I had to fold the excess back into the loops.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yo-han

Reaction score
ee864fdadcc811e1b57822000a1cbf02_7.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
beautiful rollie and pam. just fantastic.

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
Impulse buy a few years ago, sitting unused. Need to sell on B&S soon. Thoughts?

Crappy photo, not sure why I can't get it to display full size.

Perrelet Power Reserve.

Last edited:

oisin

Reaction score
anyone with thoughts on a vintage dress watch for $2000 or under (preferably a decent bit under) and where is a good place to shop for such a thing without fear of being ripped off? I'm itching for something dressy I can wear to formal events where my speedmaster isn't appropriate, but it would not make a lot of sense right now for me to pony up for the JLC MUTM 39 or maybe a reverso that I want. Vintage Omegas seem pretty pricey these days (though within my range). I also really love the Universal Geneve watches I keep seeing referenced on Hodinkee (esp. something with a calendar and moonphase). Or something pretty plain in stainless steel or white gold. Another option would be something like a Nomos, but I think I'd prefer something with a bit more ... something. Provenance or horological significance or uniqueness. Other thoughts about what I should be looking out for on timezone or somewhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads