• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do people see the future of the Hulk sub? I prefer it to the black faced anniversary edition... I wonder how these will age? Apparently there were several variations too? They seem to hover around $7800 or so on TRF.

Not sure, but I have an ND Sub and the Hulk is next on my list. May be overkill buying two Submariners in a row but I love mine so much and I've had my eyes on the Hulk for quite a while.

So to answer question - no idea but buy one so we can admire it!

I have no objections to having more than one Submariner or more than one SeaDweller.

ahuma4am.jpg

And though I played around with RubberB straps for the summer, all the beasts are chained back on their original bracelets now - where many would say they rightfully belong. Just switched out yesterday.

aqytu6eh.jpg

The one day in weeks when it's breaking 90 degrees in NYC and I have to be in a suit. No DSSDs for me today. Went with the slightly less bulky/macho/badass overengineered alternative:

a9a7yvyt.jpg

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Indeed. 2014 must be another outstanding year at Wayne Enterprises.

frilly never brings it weak.

Also.....LOL'd @ mimo. Watches sometimes inspire such strong sentiments, don't they? :nest:

So if you'll please allow me to comment further, and perhaps re-phrase...I agree that particular lovely Rolex model is a very tempered, judicious size.

I do very much like the *nearly all-brushed look.

The dial choice is quite agreeable, and dare I say .... versatile.

Movement-wise, it would undoubtedly be a reliable companion for a lifetime, and the bracelet also would get my personal approval vs. the jubilee option. (Horses for courses).

But I'm just so darned used to seeing single sticks at 3, 6, and 9 that it might take some getting used to.

How's that?

Dachshund

Reaction score
Personally I find the double sticks a bit heavy too - over-power the crown a little bit. See for instance this old-timer which I think is nicely in balance. Just my viewpoint. If you love it, get it.

Dachshund

Reaction score
Back in the day, didn't you used to be able to specify different choices of dial when you bought a Rolex? Is there any scope for that now?so if you liked it except for a small detail (for instance, double sticks) might you be able to have an AD swap it out?

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Kind of like getting a Submariner bezel on your brand new SD 4000? :D

auditeur

Reaction score
Back in the day, didn't you used to be able to specify different choices of dial when you bought a Rolex? Is there any scope for that now?so if you liked it except for a small detail (for instance, double sticks) might you be able to have an AD swap it out?
Hi, my local AD here in Sweden does offer some customizability, in form of ordering "stock" model dials directly from Rolex Swiss. Like if, say you want some specific dial they offer for the Datejust to swap out your present one with. But i've never heard of custommade dials or something in that instance ordered from manufacture. That would perhaps be a project for an independent artisan/watchmaker. So i would say you're locked to the dials offered for the specific model, and if it is a watch they already have in the shop they would perhaps not be so inclined as to change a dial to make a sale. Best bet is to ask the AD i guess.

All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics