• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing this one today.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I have a new love for a new Rolex. It is everything I hoped it would be. Seen in the flesh for the first time today. Not mine of course, just more tyre-kicking, this time in Dubai Duty Free. But I'm seriously going to be dreaming of driving this one away.

Seriously, at under $5k for a Rolex brand new from the AD or whatever, this is really something. The classic 36mm size doesn't look at all small because the proportions of the bracelet are so right. The all-brushed surfaces bar the polished bezel, are perfection. I like stick markers anyway, pilots and certain Germans excepted, and the double markers on this balancing the crown logo make it look kind of sporty and fresh without undermining the classic style, IMHO. And of course, no date...

I haven't seen the other "grape" dial colours, only this one - which is the one I thought I'd like, and I do. It's very much grey rather than silver, but catches the light and changes colour according to its surroundings, making it a lot more interesting to look at than the website pics would indicate. At the same time, being close in tone to the case and bracelet, it's subtle and understated. So previous joking aside, this is one hell of a "one watch".

The Sea Dweller might have been the star of TWAT among the new Rolexes, and the Golden Pimpepsi the most eye-catching too. But in reality, this is the one I've really been waiting to see: the humble, entry-level Oyster with a new dial. Literally the cheapest, simplest, smallest man-size Rolex. I really, really like it.

Last edited:

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ mimo that looks fantastic. Did you kop?

To prepare myself emotionally for the end of summer in NYC, I have switched out the divers from RubberB to their OEM bracelets.

y2y6ure9.jpg

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Ha! I never kop. Also, I've just started a new job (yay!), but not been paid yet, so kopping is as far as ever! But if this works out, there might be yet be modest koppage afoot down the line. This is still a bit rich for my blood...but near enough to have got my attention.

Also, I think you should keep at least one watch on rubber. A little sunshine in your heart.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mimo I really like the new Oyster and also have a newfound appreciation for the Datejust. My wife just bought a classic champagne-dialled Datejust with baton markers, on a jubilee bracelet. Despite all the negative comments I've read here about PCLs and the jubilee bracelet, I actually really like them both on her watch. There's a reason some watches (like the Oyster and Datejust) are classics, and been in continuous production for so long. Rolex have gotten the balance just right with polished and brushed surfaces, proportions, and case angles, etc. Against my prior expectations, I've found myself adding a Datejust to my list. It's a watch/design icon!

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
academe, awesome.

mimo, kop.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I knew I could rely on you, Stitchy. I guess I'll have this when you have your Royal Oak. Deal?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I knew I could rely on you, Stitchy.  I guess I'll have this when you have your Royal Oak.  Deal?

Hopefully soon for the both of us!

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't checked in with you guys in a long time, a wedding picture from Saturday late night...

Last edited:

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a new love for a new Rolex. It is everything I hoped it would be. Seen in the flesh for the first time today. Not mine of course, just more tyre-kicking, this time in Dubai Duty Free. But I'm seriously going to be dreaming of driving this one away.
Seriously, at under $5k for a Rolex brand new from the AD or whatever, this is really something. The classic 36mm size doesn't look at all small because the proportions of the bracelet are so right. The all-brushed surfaces bar the polished bezel, are perfection. I like stick markers anyway, pilots and certain Germans excepted, and the double markers on this balancing the crown logo make it look kind of sporty and fresh without undermining the classic style, IMHO. And of course, no date... I haven't seen the other "grape" dial colours, only this one - which is the one I thought I'd like, and I do. It's very much grey rather than silver, but catches the light and changes colour according to its surroundings, making it a lot more interesting to look at than the website pics would indicate. At the same time, being close in tone to the case and bracelet, it's subtle and understated. So previous joking aside, this is one hell of a "one watch". The Sea Dweller might have been the star of TWAT among the new Rolexes, and the Golden Pimpepsi the most eye-catching too. But in reality, this is the one I've really been waiting to see: the humble, entry-level Oyster with a new dial. Literally the cheapest, simplest, smallest man-size Rolex. I really, really like it.
+1 mimo. The new Oyster Perpetual's are very nice indeed. I'm also seriously considering one. Perhaps the blue, Explorer-style dial version.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Seriously, at under $5k for a Rolex brand new from the AD or whatever, this is really something. The classic 36mm size doesn't look at all small because the proportions of the bracelet are so right. The all-brushed surfaces bar the polished bezel, are perfection. I like stick markers anyway, pilots and certain Germans excepted, and the double markers on this balancing the crown logo make it look kind of sporty and fresh without undermining the classic style, IMHO. And of course, no date... I haven't seen the other "grape" dial colours, only this one - which is the one I thought I'd like, and I do. It's very much grey rather than silver, but catches the light and changes colour according to its surroundings, making it a lot more interesting to look at than the website pics would indicate. At the same time, being close in tone to the case and bracelet, it's subtle and understated. So previous joking aside, this is one hell of a "one watch". The Sea Dweller might have been the star of TWAT among the new Rolexes, and the Golden Pimpepsi the most eye-catching too. But in reality, this is the one I've really been waiting to see: the humble, entry-level Oyster with a new dial. Literally the cheapest, simplest, smallest man-size Rolex. I really, really like it.
Wow. That is, I think, my favorite watch in the current Rolex lineup. All the aesthetics of a well-proportioned vintage watch with modern Rolex engineering. I don't see anything I don't like.

IBR90

Reaction score
Figured I'd throw this in here... my Speedmaster 3570 on a Hirsch leather band. No dress watch, but by far my favorite. Certainly a lot nicer than most of the passe garbage I see being worn at my place of work (mostly oversized designer brands and casio g-shocks).

Last edited:

Tried and True

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a very nice looking piece. I haven't perused the entire Rolex line in many years but it's my recollection that their lower entry level stuff were not very attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads