• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If this is the watch you are buying, I would say go for the open heart:

similar price point. :p

i think all tourbs should be visible from the front, as i have said like a billion times. im still sad PP doesnt, even though they have a reason for it.

Stumbled across this on hodinkee:
I'm usually only attracted to the simplest of Pannys, but this is rather well executed IMO. ($61K)

this is effing gorgeous. wow. symmetrical perfection.

love the hands, and i actually like the "patina" even though its not really real.

Last edited:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
True. I like it, but I don't sixty thousand like it.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White gold. Plat version here:

$78K

Btw, hodinkee lists the price as '$78,000 Euros'. Confusing with the dollar sign, but if they are serious about it being Euros, the prices are more like $83.5 (white gold) and $106.5 (plat)!

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this really is a beautiful model, and i love the plat version too, but why in the hell is a WG chrono on leather strap 61k?

ALS Lange 1 Time Zone in WG - 50.1k

AP Royal Oak Chronograph 41mm in RG - 37.9k

VC Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph WG - 55.9k

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am really, really not sure about the pricing. Especially when the movement is only semi-inhouse, and it is likely not as spectacularly finished. I could see these selling well for about half the price.

If they were steel and in the $15k range, I could also see them selling superbly.

But, at ~$100k for the platinum version, you are heavily in Datograph territory.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Exactly what I was about to say - $80k is a platinum Datograph (or my guilty love, a platinum Langematik Perpetual).

I do think that platinum chrono looks lovely, though. And let's not forget what a platinum Daytona costs. I think I'd rather have the PAM actually, just for the silliness of it. But of course that one's excessive. This is the one that made me drool, at a mere $68k, or something: the 521. Isn't it just perfect?

The movement is hardly shabby:

But then again, neither is it in Lange territory to match the price.

However, if a platinum Rad it must be (the discussion of the 190 had me looking all these up), then if you can find one - of the 50 made - the 198 is even lovelier than the 521. I prefer the simple classic bezel I think.

And what's more, it has that lovely JLC movement of course:

Take that, 41mm Day-Date President, platinum Daytona, etc etc...

Last edited:

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I am in accord with you though, I personally love croc and gator and think they are beautiful (although I do not really like the small scale straps). And this is very true regarding good skins, which certainly makes me want to make a trek down to some of the Hermes farms in Mississippi / Louisiana. The premium for alligator is definitely warranted, considering, as you mentioned, the difficulty in procuring flawless skins, and also, from what I understand, the very limited amount of the alligator / croc that can actually be used! It blew my mind when I read how many gators go into the making of a Birkin. Definitely puts the price into perspective.

Nuke, verily this is a dangerous path you are treading. Dino held my hand as I traversed this path as well. Before you know it you may end up preferring and purchasing Hermes products for your significant other and/or yourself. 'Tis yet another world, closely associated with our own obsession with fine timepieces, that your wallet may wish you not to enter.

Speaking Biblical today. Or is it Norse? Like Thor?

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Nuke, verily this is a dangerous path you are treading. Dino held my hand as I traversed this path as well. Before you know it you may end up preferring and purchasing Hermes products for your significant other and/or yourself. 'Tis yet another world, closely associated with our own obsession with fine timepieces, that your wallet may wish you not to enter.

Speaking Biblical today. Or is it Norse? Like Thor?

I think you might have gone a bit Tolkien. Talking of Thor, though, I was rather disappointed with the movie rendition: what kind of Norse deity would wax his chest? Pathetic. And I speak with authority: my great great grandfather claimed to be the bastard son of the King of Sweden. No kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads