1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Same here. Not really a pen guy. I am constantly writing on drawings on our shop floor and they are typically nasty, dirty and hanging up on equipment being built. Having a pen that will write over anything including something hanging vertically comes in handy. I have one in black and one in red (for those rare occasions I make a mistake, haha).

2. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

Eva. [​IMG]

She has beautiful bewbs, lovely face, she's the whole package. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Hayward

Hayward Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  4. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Hayward, you are one accessorised ape.

1 person likes this.
  5. Dachshund

Dachshund Well-Known Member

Love the Fisher Space Pen. Was so excited to get one when I was nine. Pestered my parents for weeks. It said it wrote upside-down, under water. I tested it in all these scenarios and they weren't lying. Nitrogen-filled or something? Really tactile ovoid thing with nice matt paint. I'm going to try to dig it out next time I go to see the folks.

Hayward, is that stuff just in your pockets on a day_to-day basis?

6. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

He has dress and casual pocket knives. There's something deliciously insane about that.

7. Dachshund

Dachshund Well-Known Member

So does Patrick Bateman.

Shit, I realised I have my pocket knife in my drawer at work and could have done the triplecombo with that. If you can all bear the wait i'll save that treat until the morning.

8. bkotsko

bkotsko Well-Known Member

Best $16 I ever spent...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Dino944

Dino944 Well-Known Member

Very nice combo!

10. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

^^ For everything??? Hahahaha

11. no frills

no frills Well-Known Member

Travel with one watch. Usually the Nautilus. Steel, can go anywhere, slip under my cuff, okay with suits and formal wear (though not ideal), can certainly take it (and have taken it several times) to the beach.

More recently I've gotten into the habit of traveling with two watches: usually my perp cal 3940P for when I have to be in suits, etc. Then I switch it out to my Sub or DSSD once the day is done and if I go out with friends. Love the little diver buggers. Hah hah.

12. bkotsko

bkotsko Well-Known Member

Gerber dime is priceless, and $16.

13. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Well-Known Member

How about law school exams, where you'd go through 5-10 blue books to answer three discussion questions. LOL So primitive looking back on it.

14. Dino944

While I hated studying those were good times for me...and many I miss the watch prices of back then...SS Daytona MSRP $5,100, SS Subs and GMTs around $2,850...If only I had a time machine. Those were the days.

Actually, a few days before my crim law final, and about 3 hours before a class review session I made a few random calls found an AD had just gotten in a black SS Daytona and knew I would not be able to concentrate if I let it get away. I raced down town, pulled the trigger, then got to my class review session, oh and I aced the exam. Good thing I didn't let myself get distracted!!!

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. Dyna4980

Dyna4980 Member

Got this from the wife for our first anniversary. Love Hamilton watches. Getting a vintage Khaki to go with it here in a couple weeks.
    [​IMG]

16. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

I travel with my Speedy Pro. If it could serve an astronaut well travelling to the moon, it is certainly more than adequate to serve my needs! I also don't mind banging it up a bit.

17. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Well-Known Member

This. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, buffs out of the hesalite.

18. Dino944

My Sensa pen, which uses a Fisher Space Pen refill along with my Explorer 2 and some accessories. Actually, everything in this photo, other than the pen was given to me as a gift at some point.

[​IMG]

19. rodneywunderbar

rodneywunderbar New Member

I like those Khaki Autos. That's a lotta watch for $400. With that said, mine died after swimming for a few moments. Crystal fogged up and then it grinded to a halt. I think it's barely water resistant.

20. Hayward

Hayward Well-Known Member

Love the Case Bowie!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.