• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

suaviter

Reaction score
well I was able to try on a few different APs this weekend....at starbucks
lol8[1].gif
I absolutely loved the 15400. Fantastic watch. However, the Diver REALLY felt nice to me. I was able to work out a sweet deal that ended up costing me nothing out of pocket so it was almost impossible to say no
smile.gif

What did you trade for this bad boy? Congrats! I'm simply curious.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

What did you trade for this bad boy? Congrats! I'm simply curious. 

I sold an IWC portuguese, IWC FA Jones, and a Panerai 49.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
me too. :) :slayer:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread has been on fire lately! Ill add one of yesterday's teaser photo I got from my future MIL. Rings and watch have landed.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hot damn!!! another blue/black GMT. love it.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will I get tired of the simplicity of the Nomos....or will i get tired of the open design on the chronomaster?

I generally dislike the "open dial" trend - unless the opening reveals a tourbillion. But a regular Chronomaster, or any number of other Zenith chronographs (such as my beloved Captain, pictured below) would work. The Nomos is lovely, but if you are thinking you might get bored with it, the answer is likely "yes".

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I paid like $2800 for my 112. Now theyre around 5k on the grey market...I just cant believe how theyve jumped. Especially the SE historics...holy balls I wish i wouldve kept em a little longer and cashed in.

Yep
Got me thinking about selling my 190 again. Prices just keep climbing its not getting wrist time any more.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had been eyeing a Sinn U1 for a few years now and an immenint price increase persuaded me to pull the trigger on one this morning. Now the waiting game begins...

Had my eye on that one off and on for years. Let me know what you think about it when it arrives.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a side note, my PAM rubber strap is toast. Anyone know the best source for a replacement? TIA

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice BP - we don't see many around here. Your thoughts on it compared to other higher end brands? Love to hear thoughts from an owner..

I don't own any gold watches (yet), but when I do, I will definitely have it on a brown croc. Just love that warm color combo

I like the overall look, but what really attracted me was their approach to the home time function. The watch 'thinks' like I do. It is very intuitive for me. I think BP is a little overpriced for what it is, but liked the home time layout so much and got such a great deal on it I bit.

I will say the gold hands on black dial makes it hard to read in low light. That's my only complaint.

I like the new brown oem strap much better than the original black one. I expect it will get more wrist time now.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

This thread has been on fire lately! Ill add one of yesterday's teaser photo I got from my future MIL. Rings and watch have landed.

damn a blueblack!!! I love my standard GMT IIc...those new bitones are sicknasty.

Yep
Got me thinking about selling my 190 again. Prices just keep climbing its not getting wrist time any more.

dont do it. the 190 is ******* awesome.

On a side note, my PAM rubber strap is toast. Anyone know the best source for a replacement? TIA

ive been out of the loop for awhile but I always had fantastic dealings with Chad at the beverly hills boutique. OR check paneristi.com accessory corner...well trusted fellas there.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can't tell you where to best get a new one (apart from the obvious suggestion of an AD), but since you're getting a new one, have you considered the alternate version? (I'm assuming the one you're replacing is the one that came with the watch?)

Here are a couple if pics of it (the first one mine, the second from the net):

l1020539.jpg

pamnewrubber.jpg

I prefer this one as it has less obvious branding than the Officine Panerai of the standard issue one, and I like the added ruggedness for a dive watch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads