• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
Wait, what

Sorry in advance. It has actually ruined my desire to ever own a Speedmaster. It is all i see if i ever gaze upon one.

Skærmbillede 2019-02-21 kl. 17.45.25.png

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Tank Basculante is the only Cartier to have a stainless steel variant that uses the same movement. There was a CPCP Ronde that has evolved a into the Ronde Solo, but the case is a bit flatter on top and the movement is different. There is still a gold Ronde available but different dial and movement than the CPCP version.

BTW, congrats on your Breitling! Hope it gives you many years of enjoyment. :cheers:

Interesting that you and @MZhammer have had such bad service experiences with Cartier. I can't help but wonder if it is based on the countries where you reside and had them serviced. We've dropped off my wife's large automatic Tank Francaise at the NYC Flagship store for service either 3 times in the last 17+ years and its always come back to us in less than 6 weeks.

It might have more to do with the F Piguet movement in the Basculante? My first trip took 5 months to return, always saying they were waiting on a part. After it returned it was running hours slow a day so I brought it back. Then, another 6 months of the same rhetoric but this time it became "we have to make a part" which is slightly concerning if they no longer have spares for the F Piguet movements used in a few CPCP watches but, as this one is a lifer, I'm stuck with it :)

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would've never noticed that if it wasn't pointed out....and I own the watch. Dammit.

Probably becuause you aren't a weirdo who keeps your chronograph running all the time or starts it and stops it so that the chronograph seconds hand is at 7 o'clock. It looks fine when the chronograph is reset which is at least 99% of the time I would imagine.

kjwfaycwtkagm7xjze70_1024x1024@2x.jpg

an draoi

Reaction score
Once production ramps on on the 15500 I doubt the wait for one with a blue dial will be 2 years, there were never 2 year waiting lists for 15400s. As for 15202st, I have heard the wait for the last few years has been long, but not 8 years long as the Geneva boutique suggests.
Good point, but doesn't the 15500 share the same movement as the Code, which may constrain supply? Although it's anyone's guess how many of those they'll shift.

And as @Texasmade suggested, they could also be exaggerating the length of the lists, perhaps to generate some hype and keep up with the Philippeseses.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good point, but doesn't the 15500 share the same movement as the Code, which may constrain supply? Although it's anyone's guess how many of those they'll shift.

And as @Texasmade suggested, they could also be exaggerating the length of the lists, perhaps to generate some hype and keep up with the Philippeseses.

The movement going into the 15500 is going to be their "Bread and butter" inhouse movement. When cal 3120 was being used, there were never any supply issues with pieces using that movement. In addition, I doubt the Code will become so popular that it will take away lots of movements that would have gone into their 15500s. I've read more negative opinions about that watch than favorable ones.

I agreed that some of the boutiques have exaggerated the wait times (as it can make a piece seem more desirable to some people). I mentioned that I doubt there will be any 2 year wait for a 15500 one with a blue dial. However, there are real wait times for 15202s...just not 8 years. More commonly I've heard of wait lists of 2-3 years. There are constraints with that movement, as it is a more labor intensive movement to make than some of their more modern movements. It is the one time only movement that gets built in AP's high complications department. I also would not be surprised if some boutiques keep a 15202st in the back in case a really good customer comes in to buy something (some Rolex ADs have been known to do that with steel Daytonas).

Last edited:

ConcreteOvercoat

Reaction score
Hey all, not sure if this is the tight thread for it, but I’m wondering if anyone has any info on a watch I’ve had for a while. Movement marked “Marsh & Hoffman” “Albany, NY”. Research has turned up nothing besides a lot of vintage Patek’s made for them. Anything helps, thanks.

CEC5BC29-FCC0-4F5D-8A7A-0818BA57CF2D.jpeg
1AB27DA4-7850-4A2D-B303-1813595EB400.jpeg
D6973BB9-333A-4D00-B1CD-8ADA92B85174.jpeg

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That burnt orange dial is fantastic!!!

Just lost modern Breitling Ratrappante auction to another bidder the winning bid 1,260 Eur. Another auction for modern Girard Perregaux chronograph closed at 1,350 Eur. There is still normalcy in prices that could be found.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So here is my dilemma. I'm looking to pick up a white dial watch and really wanted a dress watch (think JLC MUT Moon), but just don't feel like it would get the wear it deserves. My local watch dealer just received a Rolex 16622 complete set from 2001 and I was curious if anyone has one and what their thoughts are on it when they think about it in the context of the other lines from Rolex. Thanks!

My current collection includes Rolex 214270 and Panerai PAM 1312

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads