• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Really love the way NOMOS has updated the date function on the Tangente (don't love the addition of neomatik on the dial). As someone who, in general, dislikes date windows, this is a very nice compromise.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incoming alert...

IMG_20180323_135220_01.jpg

Landed. Cartier Santos Dumont CPCP.
Special thanks to @Dino944 for his expertise, better pictures to follow.

Last edited:

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need to call a Rolex Service Center in the US to be certain of whether they will change the bezel color for you. Over the years the US service centers have become more difficult about changing dials and bezels that were not originally on a watch. They can check their records to see what the original bezel color was on your watch. If they agree to swap a Coke bezel insert for a Pepsi insert, then yes they keep the old insert.

I heard the SC in NYC is the worst to deal with. I'd try the Dallas RSC first.

Thanks guys. Too late now. Saw a black bezel 16710 for quite the price early yesterday evening. When I made the post it was gone. Would want to be certain before pulling the trigger though.

Really love the way NOMOS has updated the date function on the Tangente (don't love the addition of neomatik on the dial). As someone who, in general, dislikes date windows, this is a very nice compromise.

I thought it was an interesting touch and that watch saved face a bit considering that Autobahn. However that Tangente is 41mm and probably wears even larger. Also, one of the nice features about a Nomos date window was the font they used.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I thought it was an interesting touch and that watch saved face a bit considering that Autobahn. However that Tangente is 41mm and probably wears even larger. Also, one of the nice features about a Nomos date window was the font they used.

I don't really like the Tangente case/lug style anyway, but you put that type of date function on a Metro and I'd probably buy it immediately. I'm just not a date window guy for the most part.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really like the Tangente case/lug style anyway, but you put that type of date function on a Metro and I'd probably buy it immediately. I'm just not a date window guy for the most part.

I like the Tangente 35mm standard version and the one they did for Doctors without Borders UK. However I too prefer the Metro. More Nomosesque if you ask me and I like the lugs and case shape. The problem is I haven't seen the right combination and there are other watches well ahead of a Nomos on the list.

I'm not a date window guy myself. I'm open to some of them and with some watches you don't have a choice. Still I'm not sure this new date function would work on the Metro with it's dial layout.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 946156
Landed. Cartier Santos Dumont CPCP.
Special thanks to @Dino944 for his expertise, better pictures to follow.

Congrats! I just saw it landed. Well done! I hope it brings you many years of enjoyment. Looking forward to seeing some wrist shots soon! Welcome to the CPCP club :cheers:

View attachment 946439

My first Rolex. Oyster Perpetual. Rhodium dial. 39 mm.

Simple. Beautiful. Elegant.

Purchased new last year at Rolex Vancouver.

Classic! That will serve you well for many years. Congrats! :cheers:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads