• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does it come with a deployant clasp or normal pin buckle?

You can get them either way. I opted for the simple pin buckle.

IMG_5662.JPG

roomiller

Reaction score
Thanks Dino and Bengal! He likely did just take it to a local watchmaker - I was asking because he seemed rather disinterested in putting forth any effort to have it serviced.

Awesome JLC! Back in college, I fawned over the MUT Moon and was dead set on it being my first "real" watch. Dressy, but the moonphase does enough to keep it from being a boring daily wear. Don't have much need for one given my current lifestyle, but every time I see pictures I get tempted.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks roo.

Yeah I don't have any real need for a dress watch either. Ultimately I decided that a watch like this still looks great with casual clothes (I mean, as long as we're not talking about cutoff shorts and a Bud Light tee shirt...). Tradition be damned, I'll wear it as I like.

I think the black and stainless is the sportiest MUT Moon. Go try it on with jeans and a polo, you'll be surprised how well it works!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
I considered the black dial, SS MUT for a daily wearer for a bit. In the end I decided that for a daily watch I need a bracelet.

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, can't talk you out of it. I've had my SubLV for over a decade and I love mine. Easy to wear, classic size, and I really like the black maxi dial with the contrast of the green bezel. :decisions:
DSCN0422_021_021.jpg
Ha, thanks for that. Glad to see that you're still enjoying yours!

Yeah, it would be pretty much impossible to let this one pass by; for me, it seems to the best-looking of the modern Subs with its funky dial and insert combined with the final iteration of the original case profile.

The more I see it, the more I like it — it's pure magic on the wrist. Here's hoping that I can seal the deal. :)

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
No way you can pass that up, Belligero! Of all the Subs I've had, that is the only one I regret flipping. Sucks cause with the prices of them, now, I'll never buy one again.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha, thanks for that. Glad to see that you're still enjoying yours!

Yeah, it would be pretty much impossible to let this one pass by; for me, it seems to the best-looking of the modern Subs with its funky dial and insert combined with the final iteration of the original case profile.

The more I see it, the more I like it — it's pure magic on the wrist. Here's hoping that I can seal the deal. :)

Its definitely not a piece you will regret getting. I will admit, when I first saw pictures of it when it was released I wasn't sure if I wanted one . However, the more I saw it, it began to grow on me. I bought mine back in 2005 and its one of those pieces that the more I wear it the more I love it. For me its the best of the classic cased modern Subs... Maxi dial with larger lum, larger lum on hands, cool green aluminum insert and the SEL bracelet. Also, the bezel takes on a different tones of green depending on the lighting.
Pictures do not do it justice...however as one of your enabling brothers at the forum, here is another just for the hell of it!
picstitch_zps44cba8bd.jpg

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
@BH: nice pickup :inlove:

I've yet to see that one in person of course, but the dial color looks super-cool.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Welcome to the Jaeger-Lecoultre Master Ultra Thin Moon, White Gold Boutique Edition Ref Q1363540, which does not appear to have been photographed in detail or reviewed out on the interwebs yet. I tried this on in Geneva two weekends ago, and it just clicked. I had to have it. Though I did buy it gray market (always nice to save $5 grand).

I was drawn to this watch for a multitude of reasons, especially:
  • I've always loved the elegant design of the Master Ultra Thin series, with the Moonphase being my favorite.
  • JLC's heritage as the "watchmaker to watchmakers" suits me. Not so uppity as some maisons d'horlogerie, but having brought about many of the advancements that enabled their greatness.
  • My only dress watch would have to be a precious metal, but white gold doesn't announce itself so loudly
  • The silvery-grayness of it will match any strap color
  • Not so sporty as a black dial. Not so formal as a white. Will dress down.
  • The complications are minimized but give a bit of a wink to an otherwise formal layout.
Some quick and dirty iPhone pics.

View attachment 793668 View attachment 793669

View attachment 793670

View attachment 793671

View attachment 793672

It is worth mentioning that the color of the dial and brightness of the metal seems impossible to capture with my iPhone camera. But the way it catches the light, and the oh-so-subtle gray sunburst effect on the dial, is just magnificent.

This looks truly amazing, now I want to trade up my SS MUT Moon...

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your daily beater is a white gold sub? That's impressive.
Not quite!
It's a steel frankensub cos I love that colour and they never made it in a blue SS version so with help from Stitchy I did it with aftermarket parts. Even if I had $30k to throw at one watch I'm not sure I'd like to be waking around with that amount on display in white gold on my wrist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads